ad: Radclub22-1

Surviving Coal Miner is a HAM!

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by AA7BQ, Jan 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
  1. AA7BQ

AA7BQ QRZ Founder QRZ HQ Staff QRZ Page

From today's email:

Hello Fred,

My name is Bernie,my call is WB3DJL and I'm in Western Pa. about 30 miles south of Erie.

The reason for this Email is that I thought it might be better than trying to post on QRZ since 've never tried to do that before and I wanted to make sure this info got there.How better to accomplish that than to go right to the top?

What I want to do is to let all the Hams that use QRZ know this:

THE SURVIVING MINER IN THE WEST VIRGINIA MINING TRAGEDY IS A HAM. He is a Tech Class operator, his call is KC8VKZ. thought here is that QRZ would be the best way to let a large number of Hams know this, and maybe they would want to send the young fellow their best wishes for a speedy recovery. According to the news, he is improving daily and hopefully he will recover fully.

If you could put this on QRZ, I would be very grateful. If you can't ,maybe I can get brave and try to post it myself.
    Thanks
    Bernie WB3DJL

2. N9YRX

N9YRX Ham Member QRZ Page

It would be nice to send your QSL card.  His look-ups are up to over 10,000 so far.  I might make an impact if his hospital room were wall to wall QSL cards [​IMG]

3. WB3DJL

WB3DJL Ham Member QRZ Page

QSL cards..what a great idea....I will try to get the hospital address for those that want to send cards. It will probably be some time before he will be able to read them, but it would be nice that they were there when he wakes up.

4. AC7RG

AC7RG QRZ Member

The QSL card idea is excellent. I think we should all mail him a QSL card and a donation if we can do so. Excellent idea [​IMG] I mailed a get well QSL and a check for $100.00 to his home address.

5. N0WNC

N0WNC Ham Member QRZ Page

I know for a fact a lot of Hams are sending cards with a few dollars in them. I am sure the family can use the money as the Insurance companies are slow and the families bills go on. Thanks Dan

6. KB9IBW

KB9IBW Ham Member QRZ Page

It is nice that this information has been posted. This would be a great time for Amateur Radio Operators to show support to a fellow Ham and his family.
    He will get a QSL from me, and from ARMAD.
    God Bless him and his family.  Keep the others in mind too, they are going through tough times also.  We could send them some support also.
    Great idea, and a great show of support!
    Please post the hospital address soon.

7. K7SU

K7SU Ham Member QRZ Page

Great idea on the QSL card.

I really have to hand it to those coal miners....they were 2 miles underground when that happened. I get sweaty palms when I go down into my basement!

God Bless them!

K7SU

8. M3KCK

M3KCK Ham Member QRZ Page

I knew everyone here has Compassion!

Even though the Tech Class  licensee gets a bashing in the threads here on Qrz is it nice to know that when the chips are down Support is always forthcoming!

I will be sure to send my Qsl card from the U.K when the details are made here as it seems a Great idea.
    I hope he gets well soon and my thoughts are with him and his family,
    Regards,
    Andrew   M3KCK

edited on 09-01-06 @ 00.23hrs UTC for minor text errors.

9. KE5GOB

KE5GOB Ham Member QRZ Page

I have sent him a QSL to home in case the hospital address comes too late and they have to be forwarded to him at home. Thanks for the posts!
    Sally:D

10. N4WGN

N4WGN Ham Member QRZ Page

Looks like the other post was right about him being a ham..

11. W4ASS

W4ASS Guest

ditto on the asl card idea . please post the adress as we can send cards

73's
    bob

12. KC9AXZ

KC9AXZ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

The ARRL website also pointed out he is a Amateur. They also suggested a QSL card with a note of support. I sent a card to this listed address on the ARRL site. I never checked, but I'm guessing it's the same as what he has listed here.

Jon KC9AXZ
    www.kc9axz.com

13. KD8BMX

KD8BMX Ham Member QRZ Page

In case you didn't know, his home address is posted on the ARRL home page. I've made up some QSL cards and plan on putting one in the mail to him Monday. He will receive the first QSL card I've ever sent.

14. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

To heck with the QSL. Send him $$. I am.

15. KF4VGX

KF4VGX Ham Member QRZ Page

I agree ,well said !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.