SOLD SUPERIOR MODEL 770-A VOM (c. 1953)

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Gear For Sale' started by KE9OL, Jan 11, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: l-assoc
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KE9OL

KE9OL Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS THREAD - ONLY USE MY EMAIL ADDRESS ON MY QRZ HOME PAGE.

USED, WORKING, $45 PLUS 5 LBS. USPS SHIPPING FROM 60033, PAY-PAL ONLY, ALL USA ONLY, AS-IS, NO RETURN. :eek:

FOR SALE HERE IS MY GRANDFATHER'S SUPERIOR INSTRUMENTS CO. MODEL 770-A VOM IN A CUSTOM BUILT, FELT-LINED, PLYWOOD/HARDWOOD VENEER, BRASS HARDWARE, AND LEATHER-HANDLED CASE. :confused: WHAT YOU SEE IN THE PHOTOS IS WHAT YOU GET. YOU HAVE TO LOOK CLOSELY TO SEE ANY SIGNS OF USE AT ALL. THE ORIGINAL CUSTOM DRY CELL CONNECTOR WAS REPLACED WITH A METAL AA CELL (X2) HOLDER DECADES AGO.

I NEVER SAW THIS ITEM UNTIL WE PACKED HIS HOUSE SO I DON'T KNOW THE STORY OF THE CASE. :( THE MANUAL INCLUDES A SCHEMATIC AND IS STAMPED "CHICAGO MAIN OFFICE", THIS MEANS HE GOT IT FROM WESTERN UNION WHERE HE RETIRED AS CHIEF BUILDING MAINTENANCE ENGINEER. EMPLOYEES WERE GIVEN FIRST CHANCE TO BUY OBSOLETE EQUIPMENT BEFORE IT WAS SCRAPPED.

THIS IS TRULY AS MUCH A PIECE OF AMERICANA ART AS IT IS FUNCTIONAL. THE CASE IS CABINET MAKER QUALITY. :cool:

THANK YOU FOR READING THROUGH MY AD. I HOPE YOU CHOOSE TO BUY. :D

73. :)

VOM (1).JPG VOM (2).JPG VOM (3).JPG VOM (4).JPG VOM (5).JPG VOM (6).JPG VOM (7).JPG VOM (8).JPG VOM (9).JPG VOM (10).JPG

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
    KG5WXW, NY7Q, K3WTB and 3 others like this.
  2. KE9OL

KE9OL Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

THIS ITEM IS SOLD.

W7GST likes this.
  3. QRZ
    Important Rules
    Have you read our Swapmeet Rules?

This forum enforces a set of buying/selling rules for the benefit of all users. Make sure that you're familiar with the rules before posting or replying in this area. Our moderators review every post in this forum and will flag or delete those that do not conform.