ad: LZQSLprint-1

Summits on the Air From Dawn to Dusk

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by NJ7V, Jan 19, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. W2NC

W2NC Ham Member QRZ Page

Bravo!

NJ7V likes this.
  2. NN3I

NN3I Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Awesome!! I look forward to seeing your next big challenge.

NJ7V likes this.
  3. 2E0TWD

2E0TWD Ham Member QRZ Page

Great Video and more importantly Great achievement. I’ve said it before but worth repeating, what a beautiful Country that is.

NJ7V likes this.
  4. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Thank goodness for Camelbacks:)

Not trying to be a downer,,,but isn't some of that stretch dangerous because of the drug route?

There are many places I just won't go because the drug cartels have made it an invitation to be an SK..:-(

Even national parks. such as King's Canyon...

NJ7V likes this.
  5. KE8OKM

KE8OKM Ham Member QRZ Page

I did Camelback in Scottsdale. 1st SOTA 105* at base and of the 90+ activations I’ve done since last June it was possibly the most challenging/dangerous (heat, steep almost-rock climbing with rope steep, snakes I heard 1 rattle but didn’t see it) but no cartels hihi maybe you are thinking of another Camelback?

NJ7V likes this.
  6. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Heheh! Actually what you said was far more interesting--I meant the Camelback water carrier backpacks;-)

I am envious of any and all desert hiking right now --given the confinement issues in place. I am happy to hear about the trails:)

I hope to make it to Kanab UT ...next year:)?

Chip W1YW

NJ7V likes this.
  7. N0RVS

N0RVS Ham Member QRZ Page

Awesome job!

NJ7V likes this.
  8. KA9UCE

KA9UCE Ham Member QRZ Page

Once my hip issues are behind me, I would love to do this.
    Being one that has a high pain threshold, I would do this in spite of myself.
    Few are active on SSB on UHF/VUF, and I monitor 144.200 USB, and 432.100 USB daily.
    QRP via my FT-817. I could run 100 Watts on UHF, but where's the fun of that?
    March is approaching, and I am leaving AZ. for good, as my fiancee will finally be free of her military service due to retirement.
    Looking forward to working for myself, and put my quad copters to work on live ATV.

NJ7V likes this.
  9. N0DET

N0DET Ham Member QRZ Page

Wow - great job on hanging in there towards the end! Maybe this will inspire others to do the same. Plus, it was really cool to hear voices of some of the ops I work on SOTA CW via your FM handheld!

10. W0JKT

W0JKT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Geeze Admire you. I am just below Lookout I probably could have seen you from my patio with binoculars. The picture on my QRZ page shows Lookout to the left of big cactus. I have never done 2m. Have been on the trail but never the top.... too old at 74! Love the video!

11. KC5HWB

KC5HWB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Great work, Charlie. Looked fun!

12. KB2UEW

KB2UEW Ham Member QRZ Page

terrific job my friend 73 you number one