ad: ProAudio-1

Summer 146.520 Challenge!!

Discussion in 'On the Road' started by W8CEN, May 12, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. AB4KA

AB4KA Ham Member QRZ Page

I monitor it whenever I'm in my truck (my rig with listen to two frequencies at once so one side is always on '52) and I've got a "146.52" decal in my back window under my call sign. I've seen others with something similar and I always call them. I hear conversations periodically when I'm driving home from work at night, especially when propagation is good.

K0UO likes this.
  2. N6PAS

N6PAS Ham Member QRZ Page

This is so important. My radios monitor multiple frequencies. I monitor both vhf/uhf calling freques. If one freq. has my radio's attention the other might be missed. So please a bit longer introduction and a repeat. I also use an old RS scanner to monitor and the same applies to it. Call several times and make the calls a bit longer. Also I and I suppose some of other of us older ones are hard of gearing and if we are concentrating on TV or a conversation we might miss your call. So please longer introduction calls and duplicate.
    Thank you.

WE6C and K0UO like this.
  3. KB4CO

KB4CO Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I have a dedicated FT2DR monitoring 146.52 and 146.46. Last year's Easter weekend I was stuck on the highway due to a bad accident several exits ahead. I made a CQ call on 146.52 and was able to get a report from a fellow ham on his 18 wheeler heading the opposite direction. I was able to jump the medium and find an alternate route. 146.52 definitely saved the day.

145.52 sticker is displayed on the back of my truck

K0UO likes this.
  4. KC9ONY

KC9ONY Ham Member QRZ Page

On a recent trip between Madison and Milwaukee, WI, I heard some APRS
    beaconing on 146.52. :rolleyes:
    Other than that, nothing else heard the whole way.

5. KL7AJ

KL7AJ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

As our repeater system has gradually deteriorated here in Interior Alaska, many more of us are "defaulting" to '52 simplex. Seems to work better than our repeaters ever did.