Summary of three (equipment) methods of transmitting on 630m

Discussion in 'The Low Bands - 630/2200 Meters - VLF' started by AE5X, Nov 24, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-Geochron
ad: L-MFJ
  1. AE5X

AE5X Ham Member QRZ Page

2. K6CLS

K6CLS Ham Member QRZ Page

John, thanks for posting. Some great options there. I want one of those Monitor Sensors transverters.

What's your antenna setup?

3. K8JD

K8JD Ham Member QRZ Page

I checked out a couple of lowfer transverters from down under. 10 W output. and they cost more than my 160-10M 100 W transceiver !!!

4. AE5X

AE5X Ham Member QRZ Page

The antenna here is my 80m dipole fed as a T-top vertical against two radials and my cold water plumbing. The feedline (vertical section is 90 feet) and the horizontal is 135 feet. It seems to work well transmitting but is very poor as a rx antenna. Unfortunately, using the Monitor Sensors transverter (or any xvtr) forces one to use the same antenna for tx as for rx.

5. NO3M

NO3M Ham Member QRZ Page

VK3XDK used to offer a transverter board (supply your own enclosure) that had dedicated TX and RX antenna ports. I use a pair of them, one stripped of the TX parts, to feed both receivers in my K3.

6. K6CLS

K6CLS Ham Member QRZ Page

7. AE5X

AE5X Ham Member QRZ Page

NO3M & K6CLS: Interesting options - I'll look into them, thanks.

8. NO3M

NO3M Ham Member QRZ Page

I think the VK3XDK transverter boards are no longer available though. I couldn't even get his site to come up last time I checked.

9. KA0HCP

KA0HCP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Why? Why is it not possible to install a Tx/Rx relay between the radio and transverter or Ultimate 3S amp for those who don't have dual port radios?

MFJ and Array Solutions sell off the shelf relays, and there are dozens of plans for cheap homebrew relays.

10. N5CEY

N5CEY Ham Member QRZ Page

If you open up the IC-7300 (2 diodes removed), it will transmit about 30-35 watts on 630m.