ad: w5yi

Suggestion of logging a DMR contact in QRZ

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KI4CFS, Dec 23, 2019.

Tags:
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. W4NNF

W4NNF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

What if they don't use a repeater? How about a hotspot? Would you approve of logging the contact then? :p

2. N1VAU

N1VAU XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I logged a repeater contact.

From New Hampshire I used the Dallas/Fort Worth 10 meter FM Repeater to talk to a guy in the Caribbean.

Logging has no rules.
    This hobby is for fun.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2019
  3. K8BZ

K8BZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Since the FCC no longer requires any logging, then logging is for whatever purpose the individual licensee wants. What they decide to log or not log is entirely up to the individual. My wish is that everyone would at least log every HF contact. And I have no problem whatsoever with logging every contact, HF VHF/UHF, direct or repeater, as long as it is done correctly if they are going to upload to LoTW. The only exception would be for fraudulent logging/uploading used to get credit for awards inappropriately. I could give examples but I don't want to give cheaters any ideas.

VK6APZ and W4NNF like this.
  4. W0BJT

W0BJT Ham Member QRZ Page

For some of us new guys, logging any contact is better then logging no contacts at all. I log contacts outside of my normal talking area just to keep track of who I have talked to. I also want to get in the habit of logging contacts before I jump head first into HF.

Just a newbies 2 cents -
    73s gents
    Ben WØBJT

N1VAU and AG5DB like this.
  5. KA3VSP

KA3VSP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

It's not as easy as it sounds to type out! I've been a Motorola Partner for 18 years now and I type "Motorola" dozens of times a day. I can't tell you how many times a day that I have to correct it. :confused:

6. N1VAU

N1VAU XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Congratulations on getting your license Ben!

Pretty cool you could get a "BJT" vanity in your call district too!

This is a hobby, as such it can be informative, educational and entertaining. Point being it is what YOU make it be. Even then as time goes by your interest within this hobby may go in directions that aren't even invented yet. Who knows you might invent it!

I like to talk to new hams and appreciate their enthusiasm.

I like to use this hobby to make friends with other interests we have in common besides radio. My best duck/goose hunting buddy I met years ago because of ham radio. He's in his 30's, I'm 25 years his senior and our paths probably wouldn't have crossed otherwise. He says we make pretty good friends because I'm a 35 year old in a late 50's chassis.

Log anything YOU want because it means something to YOU. I log just about every 10 meter contact with a new station, either local or DX. Why? Because it makes me happy.

Enjoy the hobby!

7. N3HGB

N3HGB Ham Member QRZ Page

What if someone is going for WAS? (Worked All Subnets)

WW4DX, WE4E, W5TTW and 1 other person like this.
  8. W5TTW

W5TTW XML Subscriber QRZ Page

[​IMG]

9. W4HWD

W4HWD Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

While you’re at it, why not log all your cell phone text messages and Facetime chats too?

10. KV6O

KV6O Ham Member QRZ Page

If it takes a ham license, you can log it. What's wrong with that?