ad: vanity

Sudan

Discussion in 'The DX Zone' started by W9OSI, Mar 10, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-BCInc
ad: Left-2
  1. W9OSI

W9OSI Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Does anyone know why this station does nothing with QSLs?
    I have contacted the same gentleman three times as st0a, st2nrd, and st60jota all have not been answered.
    He has a very specific way to get his QSL so I tried following it to a T for one of the contacts. 8 months later still nothing. Any ideas????

2. KQ9J

KQ9J Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Maybe with all those calls he doesn't know who he is anymore. :p

I had a contact with ST2ATU back in 2014. Same guy. I got a card back but I can't remember how long it took. Maybe he's just overwhelmed.

3. K7GQ

K7GQ Subscriber QRZ Page

This could have occurred from a number of reasons. For example, what sort of outer and inner envelopes did you use? #10 envelopes are easily recognizable as from the USA (I have had better success with C6 envelopes). Did you provide at least 2 new IRCs? Did you try addressing the outer envelope using Arabic script, such as:

-مجدى عثمان احمد عبد الرحي
    مطار الخرطوم- السودان
    السودان
    SUDAN

While some have had success with ST2M, others have railed at him (see IK3QAR.IT/manager). The operator may favor some countries over others ...

Personally, given that feedback, I'd wait for Martti or a bona fide group to activate the Sudans again. Good luck!

4. E73Y

E73Y Ham Member QRZ Page

Dirk,

I think it is a problem related to country of origin. Postal workers see the envelope from USA and that one never reaches the recipient.

I am QSL manager for Jovica, E78A who operated 2005-2007 from Sudan as ST0RM and ST2A. Back in 2018 I was contacted by US HAM asking if I can help with ST2M QSL. As Jovica left the country back in 2007, I had no way to contact ST2M so I suggested that I send USA HAM QSL card to Sudan from E7. I sent, plain white nested envelopes, 2IRC's. registered mail from here in June 2018 (online tracking followed the envelope as far as Turkey) and after a lot of patience ST2M card was received nine months later, in March 2019.

I am willing to try the same again. Please contact me by E-mail.

73's Boris E73Y

K8PG, K7GQ and WN1MB like this.