Successful Clubs ...

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Clubs' started by K6LCS, Apr 18, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-BCInc
ad: l-assoc
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. K6LCS

K6LCS Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

RSGB with an interesting post ...

https://www.icqpodcast.com/news/2018/4/17/rsgb-supporting-clubs-growth-and-participation

I have spoken to almost 100 clubs/hamfests/conventions. I always check the Web before any visit - to see what a "new ham" will find when they perform a basic Google search ...

For example, if I were a new ham and looking for clubs in my neck o' the woods, I would enter:

riverside CA ham clubs

-or-

riverside amateur radio

Those clubs with savvy Web site managers really stand out from others.

Another "successful club" tidbit: I have spoken to the Pasadena, CA ham club a few times. They are one of a handful that actually POLLS its MEMBERS: kinda like a "customer satisfaction survey."

They ask their members, "Are we doing ok?" "What topic(s) for speakers would you like to have?" "What type(s) of events interest you?" A WONDERFUL concept - every club that wants to not only maintain membership but GROW in numbers should make sure they are doing what their membership wants!

Clint Bradford K6LCS

2. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

If it is on the internet it must be true. :rolleyes:

Have Fun.

3. AE1N

AE1N Ham Member QRZ Page

You can tell a lot by how comprehensive a club's web site, how updated it is, and whether it is an ARRL special service club. Also does it have RSS, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, and email links? How well does it promote younger hams and recruitment. I am proud to claim our website is one of the best in the world!

www.N1FD.org

Layne AE1N
    P.S. please also visit my QRZ page.