Stumped...Garbage characters only

Discussion in 'Working Different Modes' started by AI5AA, Sep 27, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
  1. AI5AA

AI5AA Ham Member QRZ Page

Trying to setup the Signalink to use with DigiPan. Waterfall looks fine...see signals...I only get garbage print (strange lettering and not words... Something must be off or not set. Any ideas would be appreciated. I have set things up many times and all seems to be correct but still just random letters on receive. Thanks in advance for any ideas.

2. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

It would be helpful to know what mode you're seeing this happen with. Also, what radio?

That will provide clues

Dave
    W7UUU

3. AI5AA

Icom 725 and Bpsk31

4. AI5AA

I have set up the system so many times (successfully I believe) that I am beginning to think that the SignaLink itself is compromised in some way. Waterfall looks good, sounds are good, it goes into transmit on command...just random letters/characters appear in the DigiPan window. Mighty frustrating!

5. AI5AA

Also forgot to add am using Windows 10...

6. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

Click the REV button. (Rv) Reverse.

KP4SX likes this.
  7. AI5AA

Not sure where the REV button is...

8. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

What sideband are you using ?

9. AI5AA

am using USB and have tried LSB just to check and both modes are the same garbage characters...

10. AI5AA

It also seems strange that ALL signals last about12 to 15 seconds on the waterfall in unison like FT8...I thought all signals are of different lengths and overlapped the other signals...Very sstrange...