Stumbled into something...am I going to jail???

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KO4HFX, May 4, 2021 at 5:00 AM.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
  1. KK5JY

KK5JY Ham Member QRZ Page

Many of them are still chirpy. I see them all the time on digimodes, drifting steadily down the waterfall. :eek:

Maybe some of the rest of us just don't have proper appreciation for the stable LO in our gear. ;)

2. M0RVB

M0RVB QRZ Lifetime Member #378 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Does the black van have Flowers By Irene on the side?

K8XG likes this.
  3. W4NNF

W4NNF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

NO...not the permanent record Miss Dixon warned me about in 1963?!!! :eek:

4. W4NNF

W4NNF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Have you seen the cars they drive? Their radios are probably much the same. :(

KA4DPO likes this.
  5. N8RKD

N8RKD Ham Member QRZ Page

I have a Cuban station in my log. He's a member of SKCC. It was a nice if brief QSO. I also worked Arnie Coro (well known Cuban broadcaster) in my previous ham life. I give many props to those guys for their ability to keep old cars running

KA4DPO likes this.
  6. KA4DPO

KA4DPO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Seventeen meters is a dynamite DX band when it is open. It propagates a lot like 20 and 15 meters, and there are no contesters (supposedly) on the WARC bands. Keep an eye on it as the solar cycle begins to ramp up.

By the way, when I lived in Melbourne Florida, I used to work Cuban stations all the time. As far as I know, they do not have any restrictions on what they can or can't discuss. Most of the Cuban stations I worked, we discussed boats and fishing, the fishing around Cuba is excellent.

7. W3SY

W3SY Ham Member QRZ Page

In addition to the chirpy signals coming from Cuba, many had that old-school "swing" in their sending. I remember CO2BB, who sent his call to sound more like "NNTTT2BB" - dah-dit dah-dit dah dah dah di-di-dah-dah-dah daaaaaaaahh-diddle-dit daaaaaaahh-diddle-dit!

KA4DPO likes this.
  8. K2CD

K2CD Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

There were the chirpy ones, but then there were the ones who sounded like they were using rusty electric razors for transmitters.

9. K0RGR

K0RGR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

My father was a very active ham, and he held a Top Secret clearance due to his work on various defense related programs. At the time - the height of the Cold War, TS holders were required to report all contacts with people in Communist countries. Dad dutifully did so - all those UAs and COs. I got my TS many years later, and either the requirement was dropped, or nobody cared. Now, the bands are full of Cubans and Chinese.

N0NC likes this.
  10. NN5AA

NN5AA Ham Member QRZ Page

PM me, I can put you in touch with someone at The Agency, shouldn't be a problem.

73, Vince - NN5AA Never Needed 5 Alternative Aliases

WN1MB likes this.