ad: CQMM-1

Study predicts next phase of solar cycle will bring on 'Mini Ice Age' as early as 2020

Discussion in 'General Announcements' started by NC8X, Jan 13, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. KM1H

KM1H Ham Member QRZ Page

The #1 rule at any college or university is Publish, Publish, Publish and keep that grant money flowing. Producing anything worthwhile for the general population is not a priority with many. The Europeans are already fully brainwashed in believing fairy tales and the USA is trying to catch up in their new consensus rules mindset.

Carl

KC5SAS likes this.
  2. KM1H

KM1H Ham Member QRZ Page

The most Ive seen in one 24 hour period is 46". Multiple storms have dropped almost 60" in a week....makes the ski industry happy.

Carl

3. AC0GT

AC0GT Ham Member QRZ Page

I lived in Austin, TX for about a year and saw it snow twice while there. When it snowed while at work my manager told everyone in the group that everyone could go home early before the roads "got bad". It was maybe an inch of snow and it melted in a few hours. The next snow was at night and a bit heavier, caused some downed power lines. People didn't know what to do. I'm sure some houses got a bit chilly but if they bundled up there was no real threat to life and health as power was restored quickly.

We saw snow here in Iowa over the weekend, a very late winter this year. It's cold but the snow just keeps melting away in the sun. We could use some "global warming" this year, sounds like the weather is interfering with farmers planting their crops. If we are in fact on the edge of a mini ice age then we could all use some global warming.

4. KM1H

KM1H Ham Member QRZ Page

Nuke technology is way ahead of the 70's.

Or actually do something about cleaning up coal, we got plenty so use it and stop throwing money at people who hate us.

Carl

5. N2NH

N2NH Ham Member QRZ Page

We got hit with 4' of snow on the mountain I was living on. This was a few weeks after Sandy hit. Snowed in for 3 weeks and 5 days without electricity. It makes you stronger. I know what you mean about cities not used to snow. When I worked in Washington DC, the town would shut down with an inch of snow on the ground and it was slip and slide driving for the locals.

6. K3XR

K3XR Ham Member QRZ Page

WOW...who knew there were that many whales in the world.

7. AC0GT

I shouldn't... But it's just too perfect of a setup... I can't...

Have you ever been to WalMart?

I'm going to burn for that. :(

K3XR likes this.
  8. K3XR

K3XR Ham Member QRZ Page

You reminded me of a story some years back when my cordless phone quit and I decided to go over to Walmart and pick up a replacement it was late and arrived there around midnight let's just say there was a "diverse" crowd in the store. I mentioned this to my daughter Marci a few days later and she said "Dad....a good number of the people in Walmart after midnight are folks with emergencies and then there are the weirdos . "

9. N4AAB

N4AAB Ham Member QRZ Page

Just don't go to youtube and do a search on Wal-Mart videos. You may not be able to forget what you see.

10. N2SUB

N2SUB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

How arrogant are these people? We have reliable, complete weather data back to 1914....108 years. The planet is 4.5 BILLION years old. These scholars have roughly .00000004% of the earths historical weather data, and they release a "bombshell study", predicting a series of events leading to a mini ice age. With such a tiny percentage of historical data, how can ANYONE believe they can predict future events? Why would anyone give credibility to such a study?

What's more, if for example the caldera under Yosemite were to blow (we're overdue) or if the earth was hit by a sizable meteor (we're due for that too), we would be thrown into a mini ice age TOMORROW! That's not a prediction, that's a fact, but scientists can't predict when that's going to happen, although volcanologists and astronomers can get data from the earth going back tens if not hundreds of thousands of years.....this is how we know we are due for these event to occur. If predicting climate change is "science", so is spinning a roulette wheel.

About the source website:
    "SOTT.net is a leading alternative news site providing independent journalism and unbiased analysis.

Launched on March 26, 2002, SOTT.net is a research project of the non-profit Quantum Future Group (QFG). The project includes analysis, collection and arrangement of daily news items that accurately reflect the dominant political, social and environmental 'energies' on the planet. This research further includes noting whether or not human beings, individually and/or collectively, can actually remember, from one day to the next, important events, and whether they are able to accurately read that information and make intelligent decisions about their future based on that knowledge. In short, SOTT.net is an experiment. "

Stories like these unnecessarily frighten people. Sorry for the rant. :)

[​IMG]

11. K3XR

K3XR Ham Member QRZ Page

Still waiting for the list of all the climate change predictions from 20 years ago that have proved to be true in the meantime......
    "The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) has yet again been caught exaggerating ‘global warming’ by fiddling with the raw temperature data.
    This time, that data concerns the recent record-breaking cold across the northeastern U.S. which NOAA is trying to erase from history.

If you believe NOAA’s charts, there was nothing particularly unusual about this winter’s cold weather which caused sharks to freeze in the ocean and iguanas to drop out of trees."

http://www.climatedepot.com/2018/02...tence-fiddling-with-the-raw-temperature-data/

12. N1OOQ

N1OOQ Ham Member QRZ Page

We're due for 1 to 3 more inches of global warming up here tomorrow. facepalm.gif confused0024.gif

K3XR likes this.
  13. AC0GT

Same here in Iowa. Some parts of the Midwest could see over 1 foot of snow by morning.

I'll repeat what I stated a few posts back, if the governments of the world were serious about CO2 emissions, and the global warming it is theorized to cause, then we should see nuclear power plants pop up like dandelions in my back yard. Then again my back yard is covered in a sheet of ice right now, so...

K3XR likes this.
  14. N4AAB

We have weather data going back thousands of years thanks to the ice cap on Greenland. They get pollen and air captured in the ice from core samples going down a mile or more.

From that they can see the climate, what plants flowered, asteroid hits, and any volcanic activity.

Thousands of years. Of course, some types of data are only available back to the 1700s AD Gregorian.

15. N4AAB

Winter is shifting into what we used to call Spring. A trend I've noticed for about the past 5 years.