ad: chuckmartin

Straight Key Night!!!

Discussion in 'Straight Keys - CW Enthusiasts' started by KC2SIZ, Dec 7, 2015.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
  1. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member Number 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Indeed! We worked 10 QSOs last year (next week) - 15 SSB, 15CW, 12CW, 40CW, 30CW, 80CW, 80 SSB, and 160CW (!! During the DAY!!), with 20 SSB three days later... as I've always said - BEAST MODE, you are!!

So let's work it out - sked for 20m and 40m later that night, ok? I will Text you...

Happy New Year, Jason!!

Dave
    W7UUU

N7ANN likes this.
  2. WK9U

WK9U Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks Dave.
    again, always my pleasure.

3. N8AFT

N8AFT Subscriber QRZ Page

To the OM who didn't want to leave the YL/XYL alone in NYE ; Straight Key Night activity in my part of the country ran well into late next-day afternoon & early evening. So get on the air with us whenever you can! Old rig not required...

4. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member Number 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Indeed! I believe it was Bryan WA7PRC who made that point early on...

USE YOUR STRAIGHT KEY (or Bug!) WITH ANY RIG.... including your Flex 970,000!!!

It's about the KEY - about CW - no stress Morse operation - folks in SKN are (in my 41 year experience) 100% tolerant of slow CW, awkward CW, and perfect CW - I will work ANYONE who tries... just call me if you hear me on, and no matter your skill level, I'll give it a go!

Happy New Year, all - I hope to work a fair few of my fellow Zedders... consistent with keeping Household Harmony on New Years Eve :) ... i.e., not "in the shack the whole bloody night" :)

Dave
    W7UUU

N7ANN and KD8EDC like this.
  5. WK9U

WK9U Ham Member QRZ Page

That is funny !!!!

6. W5BIB

W5BIB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

To heck with all of this ham radio chit-chat. I just wanna know if your C-5 is living-up too expectations ??

Steve (C-3 owner) :p
    dit dit

7. KD8EDC

KD8EDC Ham Member QRZ Page

Dave,

I just wanted to let you know how much I value your positive and incredibly helpful attitude on the forums. It's fantastic to see someone with as much experience as you have going out of his way to help all of us, no matter the skill level, in the amateur community. I've valued the information that you've given me in various posts, and I always learn something from what you have to say. I know I'm grateful for all who deign to engage in a QSO at 20min/word with me. :)

Happy new year....and I hope to see you on the bands during my inaugural experience with SKN. If you hear someone sending with time for coffee between letters, that'd be me. I DO plan to christen a new key. Day before Christmas, my new Begali Camelback was delivered to my door. Fantastic work of art. Hopefully, after enough practice, I'll get to christen my new Vibroplex Chrome Original-D bug. Still practicing.

Mark
    KD8EDC

W5BIB, W7UUU and N0NB like this.
  8. N7ZAL

N7ZAL Ham Member QRZ Page

It looks like a major solar storm for NYE. :( I read we could see aurora in Oregon...so maybe 6 meter aurora is in the cards?

9. N8AFT

N8AFT Subscriber QRZ Page

Hmmmm may have to pop the old 6m hamsticks up quickly or the wire dipole for 6m then. They're asleep in the garage.
    Maybe it will be more than just grid square collectors on the air if it's SKN, but I won't hold my breath, hi.
    6M CW is fun as is SSB except no one wants to, in my limited experience, visit or ragchew. VY 73 es hny! lane de n8aft sk ..

10. N7ZAL

N7ZAL Ham Member QRZ Page

In case of DX I think the reason is because the openings sometimes don't last very long. Locals did a lot of rag chewing in the distant past though.