ad: TinyPaddle-1

Straight Key Century Club

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KI4CIA, Jan 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. MM0RZZ

MM0RZZ Silent Key QRZ Page

Holy mother of pearl...LONG dashes = 0, OK, OK..just have to order a new set of dash contacts for the "Original". Thought it was slow enough being
    an MM0, ....I need some more dots in my life !

73s Ken MM0RZZ

PS I dont have the time to read all 31 pages...my email
    to the founders of the SKCC seems to have bounced..have I missed something ?

Those who cannot change their minds are in danger of loosing their minds.

2. KI4CIA

KI4CIA Ham Member QRZ Page

Hello Ken, you haven't missed much [​IMG]

Your member number is 1256.

Welcome aboard and hope to catch you on the air!

Melinda / KI4CIA

3. MM0RZZ

MM0RZZ Silent Key QRZ Page

Many thanks to Melinda and all who replied with info,am following up.

With so many interested in the beautifull mode how about a DX spotting section in QRZ that was CW only.

73s to all, Ken MM0RZZ SKCC 1256/FISTS 9835

4. N7YA

N7YA Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi Ken, welcome to skcc...i wouldnt suggest putting anything like that on QRZ. we do, however, have skccgroup.com. as well as the yahoo group...a lot of good folks in this group and were happy to have you!

I am all for a cw dx spot and that would be a good place for it...but not here, it would be attacked and corrupted on this particular forum system. there are some good hams here, but also some troublemakers ready to ruin a good thing. but I would also suggest posting a spot on DXsummit when you work a fellow skcc member. put the skcc number and the usual info...many of us check it regularly. Tom KC9ECI has done this (actually, hes the only one who has done this so far).

Ken, im glad to have you aboard, i hope to work you in the near future...especially when the bands start to pick back up. cant wait for that!

73...Adam, N7YA

5. KB4AAC

KB4AAC Ham Member QRZ Page

Is there any way to ignore a person on this forum? Normally I am impartial and just read for the pleasure of viewing a good discussion, but there is one person I wish I could block out. If someone knows how, please pass it on.

6. KD4MTG

KD4MTG Ham Member QRZ Page

Where is all the SSB interference coming from that I am getting at about 3.722 ? It is eating into our bandspace for SKCC CW !!

KD4MTG
    SKCC# 774

7. PE1RDW

PE1RDW Ham Member QRZ Page

It's in the phone/cw segment so it's not strange to find ssb there.
    bandplan

If your licence permits (I'n not familiar with usa licence) qrm free operation is below 3.535 (intercontinental below 3.510)

with a bit of filtering I'm able to recieve a CW signal under a ssb signal btw.

on an other note, are there still operators around that use "correct" code for numbers or has everyone switched to the abriviated version?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.