Discussion in 'Hamfest and Convention Calendar' started by K4MWW, Sep 18, 2018.
November 3rd and 4th. Biggest Hamfest in Georgia. Lawrenceville Fairgrounds
I went there 2 years ago, courtesy of N2EST. Had a wonderful time. Took a side trip to the Bradley Observatory at Agnes Scott women's college....a must see. (They have a ham station at the observatory too).
Stone Mountain Hamfest 2018 Information Two full days for Ham Radio Extravaganza!!!!
Biggest Boneyard in the Georgia, over 400 spaces available, some with power. Overnight camping available
WHERE AND WHEN
Gwinnett County Fairgrounds, 2405 Sugarloaf Parkway, Lawrenceville, GA 30045 Hamfest phone contact 855-786-8643 Hamfest website contact us.
Nov. 3-4, 2018 Sat: 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. Sun: 8 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Again, this year’s Hamfest theme focus being Emergency Communication and Preparedness with a very heavy emphasis on ARES, CERT, and RACES groups as well as the radio communications with hospitals and other emergency support partners.
Last year our very successful “Go-Box Contest” gave ideas and practical applications of using your ham radios in an environment outside your home. We’re adding the topics of “Hams helping Hams”. Teaching our new hobbyist how important it is to work with each other, encouraging erecting antennas, running coax, and setting up their shack.
Featured Speakers will be:
• James Lee, WX4TV Lessons learned from deployment in hurricane Florence and Being a self-sufficient operator, GoKits, Antenna Options, and Power. ARES/RACES and the NVIS Antenna.
• “Introduction to DMR and Best Practices for DMR users” by Kenneth Bryant K1DMR
• Dr. John Kludt, K4SQC AMSAT Coordinator for Georgia
• Greg Sarratt, W4OZK ARRL South Eastern Division Director
• Faith Hanna Lea, AE4FH Youth DXpedition to South Africa.
• Presentation of the 2018 ARRL Hiram Percy Maxim Memorial Award to Ruth Willet, KM4LAO
• Going Green with QRP by Rich Arland, K7SZ. Authored seven books on QRP.
• Emcomm and Preparedness and Communication, Steve Wisenburg, KM4CVU
• DXpedition to Dry Tortuga working HF and Satellite, James Lea, WX4TV
ON-SITE DMR Repeater Station, K1DMR, 443.0375+, CC 15, K4USD Network
Also, the Go-Box Competition will be a great place to display your Go-Box or get ideas for building your own, please have your members sign up and get more info at the below link. http://stonemountainhamfest.com/index.php/goboxcontestsignup/
Again, this year we will have early bird drawing for a signal link sound card. Get your tickets and be registered for the early bird drawing at
Covered Boneyard available if the weather is bad.
Rain or shine Boneyard is open!! Sponsored by the Alford Memorial Radio Club, Stone Mountain, Ga.
Weather looks great for a fantastic Hamfest near Atlanta
is the observatory open for visitors?
https://www.agnesscott.edu/bradleyobservatory/index.html Here is the link where you can find the observatory information.