Stolen Yaesu VX-7R, Serial # 8K131110

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by N9KDY, Oct 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. N9KDY

N9KDY Ham Member QRZ Page

Stolen from the Southern Illinois area, but could have been pawned/fenced as far away from here as Las Vegas Nevada.

The probable thief, a weasel that goes by the name of "Woolsey" with several first names depending on who knows what, is known to have been to the LV NV area around the time of the theft. This guy is a known, convicted felon and considers himself to be dangerous. Don't deal with him if you run afoul of him. Be told, OK? It's not worth getting hurt, because he also is likely to have stolen a handgun from me at around the same time. (Yes, he is a felon, and the possession of the pistol alone will send him back to jail.)

The local PD are useless, won't even bother taking a report of the theft. I have the original box, the programming cable, and the radio is registered under my name and call on the Yaesu warranty site. When last seen it had my call programmed in, and a boat-load of frequencies, but we all know how easy that is to wipe clean.

If you happen to have found it already, you likely got it VERY cheaply at a low-class pawn broker, the probable thief is known to frequent the worst of these poorly-disguised fences. I cannot offer a lot of reward for information or its return, but you will not regret helping me to recover this radio.

I am a medically-retired veteran living on a fixed income, and there will never again be another radio of this quality available to me. I have to scavenge and scrounge equipment, there isn't a lot of budget for splurging on Amateur gear. This HT was a gift from several good friends who pooled their money to buy it, and its loss hurts on several levels.

ANY information or assistance recovering it will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

--
    N9KDY

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.