ad: k1jek

STOLEN PORTABLE HAM RADIO

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by KG4UOC, Mar 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. KG4UOC

KG4UOC Ham Member QRZ Page

Don't know for sure if this is the right place to post this, but here goes.

On or about 22 February 2006, while at the All American Truck Stop in Adairsville, GA (I-75, Exit 306) my HT was stolen from the men's restroom. I had laid it down and when I returned, it was gone. I had checked with the fuel desk and restaurant personnel; to no avail. I assume it might be a truck driver thinking he had found a scanner or some local person with the same thing in mind.

If you own a shop or come across someone who appears to be having difficulty with an HT, I request it be retrieved as "stolen property".

It is described as a Yaesu VX-150, presumably still in memory mode. It was in a black leather case with the original belt clip in place. Memory Channel 6 is frequency 145.310; Channel 16 is frequency 146.940 (may also be labled "Huntsville"). Channels 193-199 are the NOAA weather frequencies.

The serial number, located under the battery pack is: 2M620134.

In the event you own a repair shop or come across this unit, all I'm asking is for its safe return. You may contact me at my email address, I will then instruct you where to send it. I use it primarily for emergency situations.

Thank you for your time and consideration in this matter.
    George

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.