Stolen Gear BOLO

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by KY4GPD, Apr 16, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. KY4GPD

KY4GPD Ham Member QRZ Page

Sometime between 4:00 PM and 9:00 PM someone stole these two go boxes, the computer, and a MacBook Pro computer out of the back of the Suburban. I was making calls to potential clients in Daytona Beach and then attended the DBARA meeting tonight.

I am not sure where or when they were taken. I discovered them missing when I stopped at WAWA for gas and opened the tailgate of the Suburban to get to where I keep the fuel additive-James Lea

contact James Lea WX4TV@hamradio.world

Attached Files:

2. K8MH

K8MH Ham Member QRZ Page

that family sure has had a go of it recently.

3. N2PQW

N2PQW Ham Member QRZ Page

James,
    What a rotten feeling, when you discovered the kits missing. We are all sorry for your loss (if I may speak for others).

If you have them recorded, perhaps this is a great opportunity for you to post the SERIAL NUMBERS of each of the major pieces of equipment. This way, if something pops up for sale on an auction site or classified "list", it could be tracked back to here using a search page.

Good luck with the recovery!
    Cheers,
    David / N2PQW

4. KA9KOJ

KA9KOJ Ham Member QRZ Page

James,
    I would check the local pawn and truck stops and as awful as it sounds, check out any local hams that may have aquired some new gear.used to be some great honor amidst us hams but ive run into some unscrupulous ones myself.Maybe someone knew you had those go boxes in the vehicle prior to the theft?
    If you know the ip address to the computer maybe you can find it online? possible? check ebay, etc for similar gear being sold and ask for the serial numbers .tell em your a collector.
    hope you get ur gear back,

God bless
    ka9koj