ad: Anwtowers-1

Stocking Stuffer / Cheap Gift Ideas For Hams?

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by N2PPK, Dec 4, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
  1. W9RLG

W9RLG Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I bought myself my own stocking stuffer. It was a wire wrapping tool from Digi-Key to wrap wire around the pegs on tube type and hybrid type equipment. Like making things near on a restore!!

Bob

N2PPK likes this.
  2. KA0USE

KA0USE Ham Member QRZ Page

years ago a friend worked for johnson and johnson ultrasound, building prototype pacemakers on big breadboards. used a wire wrap tool (battery) and he sure needed it! a lot of wires and stuff on that board. anyway, i wasn't versed on breadboards and i wondered whether the recipient would have to have a lung taken out for it to fit. hey, the board was 12" x 6".....
    he looked at me like i was crazy or something.

3. WA9SVD

WA9SVD Ham Member QRZ Page

Solder for $20? Where do YOU shop? 60/40 is going for a lot more than that these days!

4. WA9SVD

WA9SVD Ham Member QRZ Page

A decent ANALOG DMM can be useful, but good ones are not exactly inexpensive. I was given a (formerly) expensive Simpson meter, that had sat in a garage for over a decade. Unfortunately, the battery corrosion had eaten away much of the battery holder, and most of the copper traces on the circuit board. Sadly, it went to e-Waste, as the repair would have been more than a (now, used) replacement. But Analog meters ARE still useful. They can display changes in Voltage, or current in real-time, better and faster than any digital meters can do.

KC8VWM likes this.