Still trying to put together this tilting base and mast setup

Discussion in 'Antennas, Feedlines, Towers & Rotors' started by KX5ALC, Jun 7, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-Geochron
ad: L-MFJ
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. KX5ALC

KX5ALC Ham Member QRZ Page

Alrighty..........I've got my two 10' long poles that will go down into the concrete. They are 2 3/8" OD heavy wall galvanized pipe. I've got the bottom section of mast. It's 3 1/2" OD x 3" ID x 8' long and weighs 57 pounds. I'm hoping that will help offset the balance so I don't have to work so hard to lift the mast. Now that I've got this 8 foot section, I only need 22 feet above it to get to the 30 foot tall mast I want. I can try buying another telescoping flagpole..........this time only a 25 foot tall one. I'm looking at $100 purchase price and shipping. Much stronger would be the Rohn H50. $217 with shipping. Then there's a 2 3/8" Galv/Iron top rail for fencing. I found one that was 12' long and heavier than all get out. That and an 8' long one connected would do the job, but the cost of the two pipes and then the winch to lift them would be cost prohibitive. Back to the original "Cost/weight/stiffness" conundrum. :confused: Think I'll go up to the corner store and purchase a lottery ticket! :D