ad: chuckmartin

steve the rip off

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by M3GSR, Dec 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
  1. M3GSR

M3GSR Ham Member QRZ Page

a note 2 you all just becarefull when dealing with a guy from exeter called steve who likes to rip people off. i took a radio off him regards a deal we did almost 6-12 months ago. so i caught up with him in turo at the rally and took this radio untill he came up with mine the radio only lasted 2 months and now its stoped working he gave me a 6months warranty but now he refuses to pay for the repair and its my fault so tuff luck. he runs a club in and around exeter and this is how he treats his members and ham friends. ive heard that hes done this to other people so it must stop because its giving exeter a bad name also an insult to radio hams all over the world he should be helping newcomers to the airwaves not ripping them off with bad equipment.

2. AD6KA

AD6KA Ham Member QRZ Page

Does the club have meetings?
    Perhaps attend one, stand up, and call him out on his scam?
    Just a thought....73, Ken AD6KA

3. M3GSR

ive tried but nothing ive also been chasing him around the area at local radio rallies but more lies he tells you hes popping round to see you but never turns up. and thanks for the reply ken.

4. G0LLG

G0LLG Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi I have just read your post regarding the rip off you have suffered. If you know the guy's call sign then Identify him on hear so that we can all avoid him. I had a dealing of this sort back in the 1980's and the local group that I was a member of ensured that his name and call sign got around very quickly. I hope that 2012 is a better year for you.
    Damien

5. WA3VZK

WA3VZK Ham Member QRZ Page

Great idea, I shure would and enjoy every minute watching his face and the other members!!

6. M3GSR

thanks for everyone who has read my notes. i will let you all know soon who he is with his call sign im just waiting for some feed back from other stations he has ripped off and im getting legal adivice so just bare with me for the moment.

7. M3GSR

im so angry that this guy has ripped me off he still wont answer my calls. so i will give you all hes call signs so try and avoid buying radio gear from him he also sells on ebay 2. here are his call signs M3WRS, M0ZZT, 2E0WRS, and his ebay name radio-hitt. and when he goes to these radio rallies the store he runs is the DEVON & EXETER DX GROUP. i hope everyone thats reads this will not get caught out but this guy like i did big time and is costing me extra money.

8. M3WRS

M3WRS Ham Member QRZ Page

reply to M3GSR

M3WRS (Devon & Exeter DX Group) lets put this right from now i owned bill over £350.00 for a radio a icom pro which should have come to our club which we never got in so i did not let him down so at the truro rally this being around june/july last year i give him the money for a radio there so he found a radio which was a JRC transceiver with power supply this has been svc by castle this was for sale by Worsley Communications of cornwall so he asked if i could get it for a better price i got £50.00 knocked off the price so he give me £165.00 to my £350.00 and i give it to Robin Worsley and bill went with robin to his car and he had the radio so i canot see i should warrant a radio which was never mine in the first place he had the radio which robin had given him a 90 day but not coving the PA unit from receit robin give him he had it 149 days then blown the radio i was told by a few mate he was trying to tune full power into a auto ATU which was 150 watts tune up learn how to tune your radio on low power 20/25 watts you may not blown a PA unit again if i was a rip off why my bay is 100% with over 1400 deals you all can look it up radio-hitt thank you just putting the facts for all to see steven M3WRS/2E0WRS/M0ZZT (Devon & Exeter DX Group)

9. M3WRS

reply to M3GSR

second follow up to yeserdays reply i know bill M3GSR for many years and over that time myself and club members have had many of deals with bill M3GSR over this time most though the club a few with myself on my own items lets start first i sold him a kenwood ts950s which is his main radio in the shack which he still has after a good 4 years this was my own radio not to do with the club then he had a yaesu 736r base radio 2/7 with cctss fitted he had that over 2 years and still have midland CB 76900 base radio which he has now sold but had about 5 years 2 x yaesus 101 Z & 101 ZD both these we took back in part Ex for him he had these for about 1 year plus he bought the second kenwood TS950 SD this was though the club he had this about a week but then it wound not fit in the shack so we took this back for him and in PX he had a yaesu FT757 line up which he still has back plus we owed him £350.00 this being the radio he wanted from the other dealer not us at the cornwall radio rally so over the years we have dealed with a lot more radios with bill M3GSR which most he now gets trade or less as we had had many deals in the past i hope all around the world reads this Thank you Steve M3WRS/2E0WRS/M0ZZT (Devon & Exeter DX Group) Ps i am not hiding because this is the way it is. It just looks bad but this is my reply to this as one would say 2 sides to a deal or story and this is mine

10. M3WRS

steve M3WRS (Devon & Exeter DX Group) we also used our courer to send Bills radio back to Jeff At Castle in Wales this cost £30.00 with it fully insured which he has not pay for he owes this to me i think this goes as far as it going it looks like he hoping people will feel sorry for him thank you hope this clears this up with all on here sorry not replyed before but i did not know it has been put on the net i know it has now been put on a few sites Many thanks Steve M3WRS/2E0WRS/M0ZZT (Devon & Exeter DX Group)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.