ad: cq2k-1

Steve Dauksch WA9VGI has passed on to Glory Saturday November 3,2018

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by K9LPK, Nov 11, 2018.

Tags:
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
  1. K9LPK

K9LPK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

To all,

My dear friend and brother in Amateur Radio had passed unto Glory on November 3rd 2018.

Steve was a great mentor and promoter of advancing the art of amateur radio since 1961 where he began as a Novice Ham Radio Operator. Steve and I share the same love from our early childhood ambition in experimenting in Ham Radio. This all started in Norridge, Illinois.

Steve had a great friend in his early years as a teen, Ron Ktitzman now K9ID! I first met Steve in 1970 as a tech in when he was taking his General Class Licence in Chicago at the Federal building with Tony Banafono FCC examiner. To make a long story short after that, I did not get back into Ham radio until 1994 on a daily bases.

I had the privileged to enjoy a ARRL Fielday in 1995 with Steve WA9VGI in Marengo IL. Surprisingly fun with another friend KB9MVW Chuck.

The rest is history, and more fun than I can express. My undying gratitude is that Steve WA9VGI was a great mentor who has brought me to date to be a responsible RF Engineer with Motorola. Thank you Steve for being the best! You are missed brother de K9LPK NE Illinois <><

2. K2HAT

K2HAT Premium Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

Stephen F. Dauksch, WA9VGI SK

[​IMG]

Stephen “Steve” F. Dauksch, 65, of Schaumburg, passed away with family by his side on Saturday, November 3, 2018.
    He was born October 13, 1953, in Chicago, to Frank and Italine “Clara” (Covilli) Dauksch.
    He was the beloved father of Melissa (Michael) Izydorski, Katie (Ryan) Schumacher, and Stephanie (Jason) Bailey; loving grandfather of six: Paige, Brandon, Gavin, Michaela, Matthew and Mckenna, dear member of the Habel family, and cherished friend to many.

Steve attended Ridgewood High School, University of Illinois Chicago, and later received a Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering from Illinois Institute of Technology. He was a loyal member of the Pi Alpha Tau Fraternity making many unforgettable and lasting friendships.

Steve “Fish”, WA9VGI, was an active member of Amateur Radio. In 1974, he started building what would become Chicagoland’s largest repeater, FishFAR.
    He worked as an electrical engineer for Motorola, was active in the MARS (Military Auxiliary Radio System) service “AFA5PB”, and a lifetime member of the ARRL (American Radio Relay League).
    His passion for radios was contagious. Many enjoyed the Field Days and late nights in The Shed.

Visitation will be held Thursday, November 8th from 3:00 p.m. until 9:00 p.m. and Friday, November 9th from 4:00 p.m. until the time of a 6:00 p.m. service. Service at Cumberland Chapels 8300 W. Lawrence Ave., Norridge, IL.
    Interment at Acacia Park Cemetery will be private. Info 708-456-8300.
    In lieu of flowers, donations will be accepted to be used for funeral expenses (https://www.gofundme.com/dauksch-family-expenses).
    After expenses, all donations will be gifted to The Kidney Project, creating an implantable bioartificial kidney as a permanent solution to end stage renal disease.

https://www.cumberlandchapels.com/obituaries/Stephen-F-Dauksch?obId=3416230#/obituaryInfo