ad: UR5CDX-1

Stay Away from Greyline Performance Flagpole Antennas

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by WA6DUN, Jul 27, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
  1. WA6DUN

WA6DUN Ham Member QRZ Page

On June 4th, I placed an order for a 24 foot flagpole antenna and paid for it with my credit card. I spoke with KL2A JONATHAN R KIMBALL, the owner of Greyline Performance when I placed the order. Since that original call, I haven't been able to get a response from Jonathan, and he doesn't respond to voicemail or emails. All I get are generic emails sent to everyone who has ordered an antenna, telling me to be patient, that the antenna is on its way.

The order was cancelled weeks ago, after I could not get a straight answer about when the antenna would be delivered. Many of the promises set forth on their website were false. I did not receive anything at all from the company. It appears that this company is all marketing, and no product.

When I did a search on this site QRZ.com, I found that many other Ham operators have been fooled, placed an order, and Jon was non-responsive to their pleas to get the matters resolved.

On multiple occasions, I have emailed Jon, requesting a refund, to no avail. At this point, I have reported the dispute to my credit card company, but they act very slowly, and I still don't have a refund.

Avoid Flagpole Antennas and Jonathan KL2A at all costs! You do business with Jon at your own peril. He still has $850 of my money, and I have received nothing for it. If I don't receive a refund soon, I will be turning this in to the local District Attorney's office for criminal action.

Steve Zipperman
    WA6DUN

ND6M likes this.
  2. W5HEX

W5HEX Ham Member QRZ Page

I others have complained as well on other threads I've seen . I would contact your credit card company real quick and get the charge reversed.

3. N4UP

N4UP Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I have occasionally had similar experiences, although not with Greyline Antennas. One phone call to my credit card company gets me a full and immediate credit to my account, while they then check into it. Doesn't take long before the credit card company does their thing and makes the credit permanent. Maybe some credit card companies are better than others. Over 50 years and numerous credit cards I have only ever had one credit card company side with the vendor, even though I proved that the vendor had forged my signature on a credit card slip for something I did not authorize in any way. I then cancelled that card and will not do business with them. That was 40 years ago.

District attorney? I understand the sentiment, but I seriously doubt they would do anything. You could hire an attorney, spend a lot of money, and most likely get nothing. Either your credit card company makes it right or you move on.

4. KJ4VTH

KJ4VTH Ham Member QRZ Page

Agreed with N4UP. One time our credit card agreed with a seller was when he showed signed contract for monthly subscription. True, and there was a clause where we could pause & resume later with no penalty. But the seller said he changed the terms after the fact. Bad move. Our credit card immediately refunded our prior months payment and blocked any further and told the seller have a nice day.

N4UP likes this.
  5. KA2FIR

KA2FIR Ham Member QRZ Page

"When I did a search on this site QRZ.com, I found that many other Ham operators have been fooled, placed an order, and Jon was non-responsive to their pleas to get the matters resolved. "

When did you do a search, before or after the purchase?

NN4RH likes this.