Stations who don't QSL

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by ZL1MTO, Jun 11, 2018.

Tags:
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-assoc
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
  1. WF4W

WF4W Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

im only into ARRL awards but I upload eveything to QRZ and eQSL for the benefit of those who use those systems. It's just the right thing to do.

W4POT and K1OIK like this.
  2. WA9SVD

WA9SVD Ham Member QRZ Page

Beg your pardon? I don't use LoTW because I don't want or never wanted to and probably never will want to use it. It's as simple as that! Sorry your simple little brain can't understand some of us. I never even tried LoTW, or QRZ, etc. and I still use paper logs, so even when my hard drive crashes, I still have a record of contacts. Sorry if that insults YOUR senses. (or lack thereof.)

3. W0VRA

W0VRA Ham Member QRZ Page

So, without starting a separate topic, how big a deal is it not to confirm, unless asked to?

4. N2PPK

N2PPK Ham Member QRZ Page

Unfortunately with technology moving, there's no longer a standard.

Some people don't do electronic logs at all.

Some people do paper logs and then eventually convert them into electronic logs.

Some people only do LOTW, eQSL, or QRZ. Some don't.

I think we're all spoiled by the bunch of us that use electric logging, upload instantly, and get instant gratification. I know I always enjoy this.

Yes, it's nice getting them, and I get excited when I do, especially some smaller countries or long distance.

5. W4IOA

W4IOA Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm sorry you care less about others. I realize that I most likely aren't as smart as you, I'm not as smart as those who become extras by memorizing the questions. I admit I struggled passing the tech, I struggled passing the general. But even with my limited abilities and my substandard mental capacity I cannot see how one could lose their logs with a hard drive crash. I have multiple backups because of electronic logging. If one must have paper logs I can print my contacts out at the end of the session. If my hard drive crashes I can print off my QRZ or lotw qso's. If my hard drive melts and those two happen to do the same thing I have more important pressing matters to worry about. I don't use any of these because I have to, I use them because others do and it's how qsl's are generated today. It's a courtesy that serves others, it takes 2 minutes tops, and it costs me nothing, I can send logs in quicker and easier fashion than what it takes to fill out one card. As far as cards are concerned, since I'm not in a rare anything, my mail costs are less than 5 bucks a year. Same goes for buro costs.
    The point is those who refuse electronic qsl programs do so for two main reasons, 1-can't figure it out, or 2-don't care about others.
    But I'm a lowly general and pea brained so I could be wrong. I often am.

W4RAV likes this.
  6. WD0BCT

WD0BCT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I think the FCC should cancel their amateur radio license if a licensee fails to QSL promptly. Who the hell do they think they are? An FCC amateur radio license demands a level of responsibility and should be an example to youth in our society!

Before jumping to hit the nuclear option reply....look up SARCASM. ;)

W0VRA likes this.
  7. W4RAV

W4RAV Ham Member QRZ Page

No doubt! My computer, all my backups, and the whole internet would have to permanently go down before I lost my logbook. Paper logs are SO SO SO limited, and easily lost or damaged. Even if one isn't into uploading for awards or the joy of others, it's just hard-headed to deny yourself the benefits.

8. W0VRA

W0VRA Ham Member QRZ Page

Haha! Well played!

As I said, if someone reached out to me and asked for it, I'd do it in a heartbeat. And electronically.

9. WD0BCT

WD0BCT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

So...if some one ever accuses me of not caring about others all I need to do is pull the LoTW or eQSL option.
    Take that evil accuser! I send only the very best!

10. W5TTW

W5TTW Ham Member Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Put the responsibility of what you want on the other guy. If he takes exception, he must be"selfish." Lot's of that going around these days. I don't electronically log all of my contacts, and I'm not about to start just because someone might be hoping for a QSL. It's my hobby, not my job. (I'm retired) I suggest that those looking for a QSL call "CQ LOTW" or something similar.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
    WD0BCT likes this.