sr36 magic yard stick

Discussion in 'Antennas, Feedlines, Towers & Rotors' started by AC0GV, Aug 1, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: FBNews-1
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. AC0GV

AC0GV Ham Member QRZ Page

I would like to make a portable beam for camping using the "sr36 magic yard stick" for the elements.
    Anyone know where to but new ones?
    sr36 magic yard stick.jpg

AJ5J likes this.
  2. AJ5J

AJ5J Ham Member QRZ Page

Magician's Supply has 'em.

3. AC0GV

I can't find their site , what is the device called?
    TNX

4. AJ5J

AJ5J Ham Member QRZ Page

Magician's Infinite Length Measuring Tape and they sell them by the foot. Much cheaper to buy 1,000 feet at a time and cut...

Very sorry but I just couldn't resist! Please forgive me :D

Good luck with your boon-docking hamfest---looks like fun! Neat QRZ page, too.

Jeff (now crawling back under his rock)

5. N8TGQ

N8TGQ Ham Member QRZ Page

I googled your term "sr36 magic yard stick" and came up with a few.
    36" will give you an antenna closer to 155 mhz though.

6. AC0GV

That's why I need several to cut up. Back in another life time I worked at a store that sold them for about $1 each. Now they are collector items.
    K

7. AC0GV

Funny how things work out. I was walking around Menards showing all the older people my roll up tape measure when one of the younger ones said " ya, they banned "slap bracelets" in my Jr.High school. I replied WHAT?
    He typed slap bracelet in the computer for me and now I can make them in any length I want. I just needed the correct search term. The Harbor Freight tapes work but the name brands work better. I'll post a picture if I ever get my beam done. TNX for the replies.

8. AI3V

AI3V Ham Member QRZ Page

Most stations find the length markings on these to be quite handy.

[​IMG]

Just show this picture to the clerk at the hardware store, but its probably best if you ask your husband first before you go.

Rege

9. AC0GV

This shows how to make "self rolling" elements. I have tried both Harbor Freight and good thick name brand tapes and both work but the thick one works better.