Spotting and logging heard contacts

Discussion in 'On-Air Operations - Q&A' started by KD0JBO, Jun 14, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. NM7G

NM7G Ham Member QRZ Page

There's a degree of satisfaction by finishing this day knowing even one thing more than I did yesterday.

2. WA7DU

WA7DU Ham Member QRZ Page

That's right. Why study ? With today's computer graphics programs, you can print your own diplomas. You can go from high school drop-out to doctor of aeronautical engineering in one afternoon. With some acting classes and a bit of oratorical training, you can interview for the job as director of JPL, and get that $200K per year job, no sweat. But, why bother ? With today's computer graphics programs, you can print your own thousand dollar bills, no sweat. Why study ?

3. M6KVV

M6KVV Ham Member QRZ Page

Ive just passed my foundation here in the uk the rules must be different as i can opperate on 2 meters and all of the hf but im limited to 10 watts erp whats the rules in the states on your first test .?

4. K8BPZ

K8BPZ Ham Member QRZ Page

http://www.arrl.org/frequency-allocations

Its rather complicated, but basically Novice is lowest and not sure if tested any more - but tech I know is and it is a little different. The big step is General for phone and CW on more bands. CW is allowed on all allowed bands for your license. ARRL has a free chart to download for more detail.

73's
    Ross

5. N0IU

N0IU Ham Member QRZ Page

Not sure if the Novice is tested any more? Really???

The FCC stopped issuing new Novice (and Advanced) class license almost 17 years ago! They are renewable however which is why you still see some Novice and Advanced class license holders out there.