Splitters/combiners

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Amplifiers' started by AA7QQ, Jul 3, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. AI3V

AI3V Ham Member QRZ Page

I've worked on water cooled tx.

Don't over-engineer the plumbing, but do add a gfci :)

Rege

AF6LJ likes this.
  2. AF6LJ

AF6LJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Surface flatness can by had by three means .
    1. Surface grinding.
    2. Lapping
    3. Hand Scraping
    Each has its own limitations, and pitfalls in achieving a flat surface.
    Of the three I have the most experience with number two.
    It takes time and a great deal of patience, but a surface flatness of less than fifty millionths can be had with relatively simple tools.

Scraping is an art form that goes back hundreds of years, all that is needed is a surface plate, die-chem and a hand scraping tool, but lots of practice are needed.

Surface grinding I know the least about I have seen it done, and it looks far easier than it really is.

3. AF6LJ

You sir don't have a clue.
    Surface flatness is easily achieve though lapping and a known "flat surface" just add Die Chem and rub to determine the degree of flatness...
    For real flatness buy a monochromatic light source and an optical flat.
    Learn to use it.

4. AF6LJ

I am not worried about that after the surface is lapped and the transistors are torqued down.
    At that point it makes little to no difference, the aluminum will not expand away from the transistor.
    They are ether nickel plated copper or gold plated copper.
    Nothing, it's not a problem...
    If it was there would be many high power device manufacturers that would be in serious trouble.
    You obviously don't know how to lap.
    To start off with the temperature rise is insignificant.

So I sent you a message, maybe you could get around to answering it.
    I you have my word everything said in that private channel will be kept private.

5. AA7QQ

AA7QQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Rege, I was an electrician for quite some time. Of course, this will be supplied by a GFCI circuit breaker. Already have it, also. It will also be supplied by some medical grade switcher supplies that are surplus at work. They trip at any instance of bad juju.

Ed

AF6LJ likes this.
  6. AF6LJ

Good..........
    I am glad to see the argument over what is flat and what isn't is over.

7. AA7QQ

RICHS, REASTON, whatever you are using this week, you are not adding a single thing to help in this thread. Please just go away. If you have some actual positive input, of course, put it out there. Otherwise, your "Negative waves" are a Moriarty thing. Life is Beautiful.

Ed

8. AA7QQ

These are still pretty much from the factory in the 70s or 80s. I am not going to do a damn thing to the heat sink surface. Please just go away.

Ed

9. AF6LJ

Agreed;
    You cannot have creditably hiding behind a handle.

10. AA7QQ

I do not mind healthy debate. What I do mind is a know-it-all highjacking my thread with JUST arguments. I do welcome any positive input, though.

Ed