ad: ProAudio-1

SPG Vintage Net / Roundtable

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by W4LGH, Sep 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
  1. W4LGH

W4LGH Ham Member QRZ Page

Well the SPG (Screen, Plate & Grid) Vintage Net got off to a BANG. Despite bad band conditions, we had quite a few people checkin running vintage equipment. The past 2 Sundays I have been out of town, so I don't know how it went. We need to get some more interest going and see if we can make this a regular thing.

The time is 1700UTC on Sunday afternoons and the Frequency is 14.289Mhz. With the Fall season coming on us quickly, the bands should be getting better and it should make for a FUN time on a lazy Sunday afternoon.

This is NOT a Formal Net, just a group of friendly Hams that enjoy playing with the older "Hollow-State" vintage equipment. We enjoy sitting around in a friendly round table style and talking about our Boat-anchors" what we've done to keep them up and running, mods etc. You do NOT have to own or operate vintage equipment to join us, just have an interest in the older equipment.

Again, the Net is on Sunday afternoons @ 1700UTC pn 14.289Mhz. Come on out and join us. Help us spread the word and let's have some fun. Thats what ham radio is about right? Something for everyone to enjoy about the hobby.

My vintage equipment list consists of the following:

Drake TR-3 Transceiver (producted in 1963) Drake 4B Line (R4B/T4XB/MS4) (1968) National NCX-5 Transceiver (1964)

I was at the Shelby Hamfest this past weekend, and almost got my hands on a Drake TR-7, but the owner and I couldn't quite agree on the price. However Shelby IS the place to go to SEE/BUY vintage equipment. I have never seen so many vintage radios in great shape for sale in one place!

Come on out and join us on the Vintage Net this weekend. 14.289 @ 1700UTC. Blow the dust out and fire 'em up!!!

73 de W4LGH - Alan
    http://www.w4lgh.com

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.