ad: M2Ant-1

Spectrum Analyzer Tutorial

Discussion in 'General Announcements' started by G3YWX, Jan 10, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. G3YWX

G3YWX Ham Member QRZ Page

Electronics Notes, the site providing free information about a variety of electronics and radio topics including amateur radio, has just significantly upgraded its material on spectrum analyzers. Covering everything from what a spectrum analyzer is, to the different types, how to use one, measuring phase noise with a spectrum analyzer, etc, the site covers the major spectrum analyzer topics. Read more: https://www.electronics-notes.com/a...ctrum-analyzer/spectrum-analyser-overview.php

2. W5INC

W5INC Ham Member QRZ Page

I know I will be checking it out and bookmarking the site. TNX for the heads up and spectrum analyzer tutorial information. :)

3. WA7PRC

WA7PRC Ham Member QRZ Page

On YouTube, Alan W2AEW has produced hundreds of fine tutorials (link) on radio and electronics subjects. One of his earliest tutorials covers SAs:

vy 73,
    Bryan WA7PRC

4. N7ZAL

N7ZAL Ham Member QRZ Page

Curious if anyone knows of an inexpensive USB type of spectrum analyzer that covers the HF spectrum?

I've used a SA a lot many years ago but they were not affordable for the average bear. However as you mention the costs have been coming down.

Nice link...thanks.

5. VE7KNL

VE7KNL Ham Member QRZ Page

Signal Hound does. I have a USB-SA44B Spectrum Analyzer and USB-TG44A Tracking Generator and they are good for what I do.