ad: Sussex-1

Special station: PD112MKNN

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by PD0OYF, Jan 4, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. PD0OYF

PD0OYF Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Why would you say this special call.

The letters MKNN stand for Meld Kamer Noord Nederland.
    112 is the European emergency number and also stands for
    February 11 (11-2-2021)

A few years ago I had the idea to promote this day as an amateur radio station with a special call, which has become PD112MKNN.

Request a call from the AT and received it.

So this year I will also use this call.
    The promotion action with the special call PD112MKNN starts December 18, 2020 and
    ends on February 14, 2021
    Every year there is a 112 day on February 11 and with this special call I want to give a little attention

to the many, important and beautiful work of our emergency room employees of the
    Control room North Netherlands (MKNN)
    Now in the corona time a heavy burden is being drawn on the dispatchers and they are currently often working more hours per week to complete the planning.
    The extreme reports that sometimes come in also demand a lot from them and partly because of this it is also good to support them even though it is via our frequencies.

Tuesday 11 February is 112 day and this call was created to promote this day.

With this call PD112MKNN I will be active to February 11-2-2021 from Drachten, where the control room north of the Netherlands is located.
    I will usually make connections at 2 meters or 70 cm, but also HF and dmr

9CEC950D-8EC4-40E1-A24A-2FA63F09FE8F.jpeg