ad: chuckmartin

Special Hamvention® Announcement!

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by K8KSU, Mar 30, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. K8KSU

K8KSU Ham Member QRZ Page

On Thursday May 20 Virtual Contest University 2021 will be held 9 AM 1300Z

On Thursday May 20. 2021 the Virtual Contest University will be held starting at 9 AM EDT 1300Z. The course outline will be available soon. This will be a free event!

Even if you are not a contester you will learn so much about Amateur Radio and hear the techniques and critiques of many of the world’s foremost Hams. Hamvention is a proud sponsor along with Icom and DXEngineering. Plan on attending this amazing free event!

Several Icom radios will be given away during the all-day event. You must be registered on Zoom and present online at the time of the drawing to win the radios.

Please check http://contestuniversity.com for updates.

On Friday May 21 Starting at 11 AM EDT 1500Z we will have the 2021 Virtual Hamvention Forums.

The Hamvention Virtual Forums celebrates the 2021 Hamvention Award winners. Each awardee will give a 45 minute presentation followed by Q&A.

The Hamvention Forums will be presented via Zoom Webinar. Registration for the Zoom Webinar will start 30 days before the event – look for the registration information on the Hamvention Website. Several Icom radios will be given away during the 2021 Hamvention Forums. The winners will be selected at random.

The winner must have registered on Zoom for Hamvention Forums and be present during the drawing to win. Drawing times are random throughout the Virtual Forums event. Thanks to Hamvention, Icom and DX Engineering for their support of the 2021 Hamvention Virtual Forums.

Our presenters are:

Technical Achievement: WX6SWW – Tamitha Mulligan Skov is well known as the “Space Weather Woman”. Folks that have seen her space weather forecasting show will freely admit that she is full of energy and excited about her work. She is a real space pioneer.

Special Achievement: W3WL – Wesley Lamboley was nominated by his peers for his lifetime, high energy support for the science and art of amateur radio. Not only has Wesley supported youth coaching, membership recruiting and technical problem assistance, he always does it with a smile and great humor.

Amateur of the Year: WP3R – Angel M. Vazquez is known for being one of the principal support engineers for what was one of the greatest antennas in the world – the National Science Foundation’s Arecibo parabolic dish antenna. Angel’s award stems from his unswerving and diligent support of amateur radio throughout the entire territory of Puerto Rico and extends worldwide.

Club of the Year: K4HTA – As always, it is very difficult to choose the club of the year as we receive many deserving club nominations from around the world. The Vienna Wireless society was chosen this year for its 58 years of service to the amateur radio community. K4HTA with its 280 members focus on youth education, public service and promoting the overall growth of radio through the DC area and around the world.

Hamvention QSO Party will be held as a 12 hour event on Saturday of what would have been the Hamvention weekend:
    May 22, 2021 8am to 8pm EDST

Hamvention QSO Party info: https://hamvention.org/qso-party-2021/

Dayton-Hamvention-logo_14.jpg CTU-Logo.JPG

W9LRM, AD5NM and K0UO like this.
  2. K0UO

K0UO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Sounds Great

3. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Great stuff!

4. KA3ZAI

KA3ZAI Ham Member QRZ Page

Looking forward to it.:cool:

5. KG8ZQ

KG8ZQ Ham Member QRZ Page

On that Saturday, I'm going to park in the Warner Middle School parking lot. A cheerful volunteer driving a virtual, inter-dimensional school bus will pick me up and take me to a hamvention where the food is free, the Sun always shines and I always have a shady spot to sit and eat my lunch.
    See you there!
    Jerry KG8ZQ

W1YW likes this.
  6. N8AMY

N8AMY Ham Member QRZ Page

Very very excited for 2021 Contest University!
    Always look forward to WP3R presenting! He is an amazing person and intriguing speaker!
    Amy N8AMY

7. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Jerry,

The fantasy takes form--again-- next year in 2022. CU then!

8. KG8ZQ

KG8ZQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes! With 2 meter ht on belt and lanyard around my neck. Can't wait.

W1YW likes this.
  9. W2HL

W2HL Ham Member QRZ Page

nothing will take the place of actually being at Hamvention. Period!

N3OB, N8TGQ, W8TZ and 3 others like this.
  10. KA7RRA

KA7RRA Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

And the sun sets in the west

11. W4MY

W4MY Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm going to Huntsville

N8TGQ, W8TZ and K0UO like this.
  12. K8BBE

K8BBE Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I attended the fourth Dayton show back in 1956 at the old Biltmore Hotel and attended the shows till the virus hit. Have to make my first virtual Dayton show next. Maybe they will be selling T shirts on the web. Hope to see everyone next year too Chuck K8BBE