ad: portazero-1

Special Event: Yankee Steam-Up , Sat., Oct. 5, E. Greenwich, RI

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by KE1RI, Sep 20, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
  1. KE1RI

KE1RI Ham Member QRZ Page

Special Event: Saturday, October 5, 2019, New England Wireless & Steam Museum Yankee Steam-Up. The Massie Wireless Club will activate call sign N1EPJ to commemorate Steam-Up Day, an annual event for over 50 years. For QSL, please send a SASE to: Massie Wireless Club N1EPJ, P.O. Box 883, East Greenwich, RI 02818. Suggested CW frequencies in area of: 3.558, 7.058, and 14.058. Suggested SSB frequencies in area of 3.57, 7.125-7.300,14.150-14.350. Additional details at the museum website.

W1TRY likes this.
  2. KE1RI

Correction to the SSB operating frequencies. They should be:
    80 meters / 3.825 40 meters / 7.25 20 meters / 14.35 MHz

W1TRY likes this.
  3. W1TRY

W1TRY Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks for the notice, I never knew the museum existed. It's on my list for the next trip to Newport. I'll look for you on the air IF I don't try to talk the XYL into a road trip tomorrow.

4. KE1RI

Tryon: We would love to have you come by! There is a $15 admission to the event but it is well worth it. We have a great collection of old radios (including working ham rigs) and a terrific display of operating steam engines. If it is not raining we will have antique cars too. If you want to operate a bit come in to the PJ Station building an offer to help.

5. MUTAMYCETE

MUTAMYCETE QRZ Member

Hello! Thank you for informing us about this event. Just like Tryon, I did not know the museum existed. But now I know and that’s all that matters. Also, the fee seems reasonable, considering what you are offering. Unfortunately, I couldn’t make it to the event: my job keeps me busy all the time. I would like to know whether the museum is open on other occasions as well. Speaking of events, let me recommend you a great company that provides audio visual equipment, so that next time your event will be even greater. Check out https://www.ontourevents.co.uk/awards-ceremonies-gala-dinners. I am sure you won’t be disappointed by their services.

6. KE1RI

The special event will be coming back this year on Sunday, October 3, 2021. We are open during the summer on each Saturday from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM for the months of June, July, and August.

7. K0ATV

K0ATV XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Woah, I went here as a kid! I will definitely be looking out for you folks.

8. WN1MB

WN1MB Ham Member QRZ Page

Great to hear the Steam Up is a go for 2021! Fond memories from visiting years ago. It's been a while and this year's date doesn't conflict with vacation plans - for a change - so see you in October!