ad: Radclub22-1

Special Event Station, WØW

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by NA4DX, Aug 19, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. NA4DX

NA4DX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

ATTENTION ALL AMATEURS>>>Special Event Station, WØW, will be active November 10 – 12, 2017, to commemorate the 50th Anniversary of America’s First Vietnam Veteran Memorial which was erected December, 1967, in Wentzville, MO. Primary operators are Wade Grimes, KØMHP and Larry Scantlan, KEØKZ. The station will operate as many bands/modes as we have volunteers available to man them. A four color certificate and QSL card will be available to confirm the contact. Information regarding the station, the history behind the memorial and certificate/QSL card fees will be available on QRZ.com under WØW and on our special Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/W0Whamradio/.

We have also asked Missouri Governor, Eric Greitens, as well as other state legislators and city officials to join us during this event.

Since I am a Vietnam Veteran, this is especially important to me. If you would like to volunteer as an operator or have any questions or comments, please email me at scanco@charter.net.

Larry, KEØKZ

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 19, 2017
    N1PMK, W7UUU and W6NYA like this.
  2. N9SOX

N9SOX Ham Member QRZ Page

Good luck with the Special Event, hope to hear you on the air.

3. K0KUZ

K0KUZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Larry;

Thank you for your service to our country.

Hope to see you Nov. 10 - 12- 2017

4. NA4DX

Thanks, Don. Look forward to your CQ. Please pass the word around for us.

Larry, KEØKZ

5. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

Thank you for your service - I'll be listening for you and will endeavor to get in your log

Dave
    W7UUU

NA4DX likes this.
  6. WG7X

WG7X Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I, too, will look for you on the air. Having been to the actual monument in our nations capital, and also having served during that time I feel a certain regard for those who gave their all.

Thanks for think about your fellow veterans on our one day...

7. NA4DX

Thank you, Dave. We look forward to your contact. Please help us get the word out. Also, thank you for your service, too.

Larry, KEØKZ

8. NA4DX

Thank you, Gary. We look forward to your contact. Please help us get the word out. Also, thank you for your service, too.

Larry, KEØKZ