ad: UR5CDX-1

Special Event station (N6S) at SCaLE-16x (3/8-11/2018)

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by W6NCT, Feb 9, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
  1. W6NCT

W6NCT Ham Member QRZ Page

Southern California Linux Expo(SCaLE), Special Event (N6S), Set for March 8-11, 2018

16x_logo_lg.jpg

The 16th annual Southern California Linux Expo (SCaLE) will take place March 8-11 at the Pasadena Convention Center. SCaLE began hosting Amateur Radio presentations in 2015, and this year’s SCaLE will include a Special Event radio station (N6S), staffed by members of the Ventura County Amateur Radio Society (VCARS), who will answer questions about Amateur Radio and how it relates to Linux and the open-source community.

The Amateur Radio Emergency Data Network (AREDN) will demonstrate and answer questions about Amateur Radio mesh networking. AREDN writes firmware to move wireless access points into the Amateur Radio portions of the 2.4-, 3.4-, and 5.8-GHZ bands. Images from an AREDN camera recently provided live images from the Thomas Fire in California.

Presenters include Orv Beach, KB6I, “Linux and the Ham Radio Internet;” Kate Hutton, K6HTN, “Amateur Radio Messaging, alive and well in the 21st Century;” Ben Kuo, AI6YR, “How Social Media, the Internet, and Ham Radio saved the day after Hurricane Maria in Dominica,” and Stu Sheldon, AG6AG, “I just got my Amateur Radio License, Now what?”

Amateur Radio participation will be rounded out on Sunday with an event sponsored, ARRL-VEC approved, license testing session. Although the testing session will occur within the facilities and resources of the SCaLE event, it is open to the public, serving both event participants and public alike.

For more information see "https://www.socallinuxexpo.org/scale/16x".

Last edited: Feb 9, 2018