ad: cq2k-1

Special Event Station 11/14 & 15 /2015

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by KB3YRC, Oct 23, 2015.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. KB3YRC

KB3YRC XML Subscriber QRZ Page

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

October 15, 2015

Richard E. Lenker (KB3YRC)

(717) 236-1864

Rich3784@comcast.net

PA National Fire Museum Reaches Out to the World

for Its 20th Birthday

As part of its 20th anniversary celebration, the Pennsylvania National Fire Museum, in conjunction with the Harrisburg Radio Amateurs’ Club Inc., will hold a Special Event Station the weekend of Nov. 14-15. The event will be held at the museum at 1820 North 4th Street, Harrisburg. Amateur (ham) radio operators will operate the Special Station on Saturday, Nov. 14, from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., and on Sunday, Nov. 15, from noon to 4 p.m.

Special Event Stations are used by hams to help commemorate historical occasions or other special events. Members of the Harrisburg Radio Amateurs’ Club will use their radios to talk across the state, country and even around the world to spread the word about central Pennsylvania’s first-class fire museum.

The Pennsylvania National Fire Museum opened on November 17, 1995. Housed in an 1899 Victorian firehouse of the former Reily Hose Company No. 10, the all-volunteer museum features an outstanding collection of artifacts from the hand-drawn equipment of yesterday to the modern fire apparatus and equipment of today. Nearly every aspect of firefighting, from the smallest hand tools to large, horse-drawn steam pumpers, is on display.

For further information about the Special Event Station, contact Richard E. Lenker (KB3YRC) at (717) 236-1864 or Rich3784@comcast.net. Information about the Pennsylvania National Fire Museum and the Harrisburg Radio Amateurs’ Club can be found at www.pnfm.org and www.w3uu.org.

2. KB3YRC

The QSL cards look good
    Richard

3. WX9RLT

WX9RLT Ham Member QRZ Page

What bands?

4. KB3YRC

were setting up for two stations at least 40 meters and at 20 if the band is good that day.
    I put it on the cluster.
    Richard

5. WX9RLT

WX9RLT Ham Member QRZ Page

Look forward to trying to work the station. Much appreciated

6. KB3YRC

This is our first event and I cant wait, We have about 10 operators ready for the two day event.

7. W7DRN

W7DRN Ham Member QRZ Page

I hope to make contact.
    Do you have special QSO cards for the event?

8. KB3YRC

Yes we are making a nice card

9. KB3YRC

pnfmday.gif Front Door of the museum

10. W7DRN

Super!
    I was going to say, if you didn't, I'd give you my cell # and have you text me a pic of an old fire truck or somesuch.

11. KB3YRC

On the web site PNFM.org

12. W7DRN

I really like the horse-drawn rigs.
    And some of the technology (the switches and such) looks more impressive than what we have today.
    Must be exciting to work there.

13. KB3YRC

Next Week 20 and 40 meters

14. KB3YRC

15. KB3YRC

QSL Cards are available send a self addressed stamped envelop to:
    PNFM S.E.S
    1820 N 4th St
    Harrisburg, Pa. 17102 USA