Speaking of terrorism

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by K6PME, May 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: l-BCInc
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. K0RGR

K0RGR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I'm generally opposed to the death penalty - for a number of reasons. But I make a big exception for anyone who kills children.

I've been to the the bombing site in Oklahoma City twice - both before and after they built the museum and the monument. I haven't been to 'Ground Zero' in New York yet, but other than that, I can't think of a more devastating sight.

Around the monument, there is a fence, which still bears the little memorials erected by the grieving family members of the lost. The photos of the fathers, the mothers, and the teddy bears of the infants who died.

The monument consists of a reflecting pool with many empty chairs, some small for the dead kids, one for each victim. The museum has a horrifying set of pictures - pictures of the victims, pictures of those who tried to save them, pictures of those who retrieved their corpses.

But, I think the church across the street built the most touching monument. A statue of Christ, 12 feet tall, faces away from the blast site, toward a wall that appears to have been pierced by projectiles from the blast. But, in fact, the missing bricks represent the dead, and Christ is weeping.

I wish there was some way that Nichols could spend eternity looking at that scene, so he could know the insanity of those who murder innocents in the name of politics.

2. N8CPA

N8CPA Ham Member QRZ Page

I think the appropriate mode of execution for all involved with OKC is to use a car crusher.  Set the controls so that the  pressure increases over 168 minutes.  That would give them plenty of time to ponder their deed while dying in the same way most of their victims did.  Afterward, clean the crusher with a high pressure hose and return it to its normal, routine use.

Before anyone starts thumping the Constitution--the punishmwent would be no more cruel and unusual than what they inflicted on the unsuspecting and undeserving.

3. K0EWS

K0EWS Ham Member QRZ Page

How about we just let him go? We put him on a bus; destination: downtown Oklahoma City. We then just HAPPEN to broadcast to everyone when and where he is to be dropped off. I'm sure the good citizens of Oklahoma City would take it from there.
    [​IMG]

4. K4KYV

K4KYV Premium Subscriber Volunteer Moderator QRZ Page

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (K3UD @ May 27 2004,08:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Terry Nichols...I think he is fortunate to be able to go on living just few years more than Timothy McVeigh did.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Unlike McVeigh, he lived long enough to see someone steal his thunder on 11 SE 01.

5. K8ERV

K8ERV QRZ Member QRZ Page

I don't think that is fair to the pig-----

TOM K8ERV

6. K4JSR

K4JSR Ham Member QRZ Page

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (K8ERV @ June 06 2004,04:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I don't think that is fair to the pig-----

TOM K8ERV[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    HOGWASH!

[​IMG] Cal K4JSR

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.