Speaker Mic Connector/Adapter?

Discussion in 'Microphones, Speakers & Audio Processing' started by KB3ZIM, Mar 21, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-rfparts
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-assoc
  1. KB3ZIM

KB3ZIM Ham Member QRZ Page

I am looking for something and chose this forum because I didn't know where else to post it! I originally posted this in the General Technical discussion forum, but perhaps it's better for it to be here in the Microphones forum.

I have a pristine Motorola speakermic with a tw0-pin connector plug, one pin being 3.5mm and the other 2.5mm. I believe it's an "M1" Motorola plug. These are a quite common type of plug, BUT, the spacing between the two pins varies depending upon the mic and/or transceiver manufacturer. The Motorola M1 plug's pins are spaced 8mm apart.

I'd like to use this speakermic with some of my HTs that accept two-pin plugs BUT have jacks that require two-pin plugs with 10.5mm spacing between the pins.

Does anyone know of a source (preferable in North America) for this sort of an adapter?

Here's an example of the type of adapter I'm seeking............

[​IMG]
    To be clear, I want the female jack to accept a Motorola M1 plug with 8mm pin spacing, and the male two-pin plug to have 10.5mm spacing. I think, among Icom two-pin plugs, this is the I1 or I2 plug/spin spacing. The one pictured here has just the opposite configuration.

I can find all sorts of adapters that look like this and come close to what I want, but I can't find any that conform exactly to my pin configuration requirements. I didn't think this would be very difficult to find, but apparently it is!

Note: Yes, indeed, I do know that I can buy various parts, cut things apart, and fabricate an adapter that way, so I'll save you the time of composing that sort of an answer because it doesn't address my specific question. Been there, done that...many times...and I just might have to do it again if I can't find what I want. My question is very specific: can anyone tell me where I can find what I need that's prefabricated and ready to purchase? If not, and I end up having to fabricate something, can anyone tell me were to acquire a female jack like that shown above that has 8mm pin spacing? Plugs are easy to find, but jacks? Impossible.

Thanks for any suggestions you can share!

73 de KB3ZIM