ad: CrossCountry-1

SPE Expert Amps

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by K4LRX, Nov 27, 2015.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: DLSpec-1
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. K4TVI

K4TVI Ham Member QRZ Page

Looks like I am on the short end of the settlement today. I have requested a schedule for the balance of my refund. I am $3,995.00 short of a full refund.

2. W4PG

W4PG Super Moderator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I ordered mine when I was in Dayton in 2014. It was not this past 'fest. I think Bob Hardie was the guy I worked with at the time; who-ever was working their booth at the time. The only time I've talked with Rachel was when my amp developed a display problem and she put me in contact with KJ5Y who does the repairs.

............Bob

3. K4TVI

I am going to try to close this saga tomorrow with the support of my credit card company. I think we have a good working agreement with Rachel that will resolve our issues. I want everyone to have good holiday! Maybe I can order myself a solid state amp for Christmas.

4. K4TVI

Visa Card recovered my money. I have a 100% refund. Looking for a auto tune HF amp deal.

KJ5Y, N8MSA and K2HAT like this.
  5. K4TVI

I have ordered a new amp!

KJ5Y likes this.
  6. K0EED

K0EED XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Dare we ask what you ordered?

7. K9GEM

K9GEM Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I recently got an update email from Bob Hardie (W5UQ). He stated that My order would come in around April. I oederd the 1.3 in June of 2015. The factory need to get in gear.

8. K4TVI

SPE appears to be a small company with limited capacity to fill orders. Too bad they are not located in USA. I talked to RF Concepts (Alpha) about building a solid state amp but they had no interest. Will they go out of business when tubes are no longer available? LOL I hope Ten Tec's new owner brings back a Titan 2.5 kA solid state Amplifier. USA USA USA!!!

9. AC0TX

AC0TX Subscriber QRZ Page

What you are dealing with is the European mindset of employment.
    Here in the USA a company can hire and casually get rid of workers when they are not needed.
    This is not quite true with respect to Europe. Workers just cannot be let go, in addition companies there are loath to hire workers because in some countries like France, workers have their jobs for life. Yes workers can be fired like bringing a gun to work and shoot fellow employees. [dark humor ]
    A company would rather have a backlog of orders that keeps everybody busy rather than having a larger labor force with the prospect of idle workers.

Then there might be problems with the supply chain with their suppliers and a similar mindset.
    background: Though retired I worked for a French company for 10.5 years. Before that I worked on equipment that came from Australia.

10. WB0MPB

WB0MPB Subscriber QRZ Page