SPE Expert Amps

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by K4LRX, Nov 27, 2015.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. K5YY

K5YY Ham Member QRZ Page

Talk to Bob. An upstanding long time ham and was THE head tech for Frosty for couple of years. Bob has been to the factory in Italy and knows the people there. He can tell you how long a wait you might have getting an amp thru him, especially with the factory knowing of your dilemma and willingness to rectify any wrongs in being late on getting your amp delivered. Call Bob, as I said. Nice guy for sure and an excellent tech, knows the products in and out. I hope your check comes this week. But, some of my mail takes 5 days from the San Antonio area and other places in Texas for some crazy reason. Friday should give you the answer.

2. K4TVI

K4TVI Ham Member QRZ Page

No refund check in the mail today from Rachel Larkins President of Expert AmpsUSA. Has anyone been able to contact Rachel or Elizabeth White about a refund for the SPE Expert Amps they bought and never received. I am giving this util Friday to be resolved. I will contact Bob. I have been a ham for 59 years and this has been an nightmare. Fist time ever to have a problem buying equipment. The black out con communications with the buyers has been the worst part. This could have been settled easy with feedback. They should have closed the business before they took our money then I could have ordered thru Bob or picked it in Rome.

3. K4LRX

K4LRX QRZ Member QRZ Page

I did did find out today that Elizabeth White got my letter at the Post office. I am going to send a letter to Larkins tomorrow. BTW I personally did not believe the sob story about those two, or the fact our refunds had been mailed.. Well, there is an Army term for it, but will not mention that here. Yes, been a ham the same amount of time and this is a NIghtmare!

4. K4LRX

K5YY I noticed that it takes some time to deliver a letter to Texas, now you guys are not still delivering mail by Pony Express? LOL I need some humor since I have been growling for some time at Larkins and White. Yes we talked to Bob Hardy, that effort netted nothing except we are not connected with that company and have no responsibility in that area. If, by some miracle a check arrives, I will see what he can do for me in expediting my order.

5. K4TVI

Good luck I may go USA on my next amp. I want to pick it up in person and see it work. No pay now and wait for supplier to receive enough orders they to justify building the equipment. Does anyone stock equipment for sale. Are all these amp companies hanging on by a $string$. This makes MFJ look like the Microsoft of ham radio equipment suppliers.

6. K4LRX

Just in case you did not see my reply, you work from that end on the structure, also let's register another complaint with the Missouri City PD and if by Friday no check, then we begin the process of a lawsuit. Please e mail my son about this will.hilyerd@louisville.edu and if we both need some legal advice he can offer it. In fact a joint law suit filed is of course effective, so we shall see what Friday brings? Anyone want odds on chances of a check showing up in our mail box?

7. K2HAT

K2HAT QRZ Volunteer Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

My Elecraft KPA500 amplifier works great. took about a week to arrive for a factory built one. Most of the time the 500 watts is more than enough.

HRO, AES, DXEngineering, Gigaparts, etc. etc. sell Amplifiers. ;)

8. K4LRX

NOTICE NOTICE.. I received an e mail today from Rachel Larkens stating she had mailed a refund check, so John yours may be coming as well. I simply replied "Thank You" but will not do any more business in the future. My plan is to contact Bob Hardy, place the order again and then wait.. This whole fiasco is exhausting and stressful. So, now John you can have your trip to Africa.. That is if indeed "The check is in the mail!"Mail man comes around 2;30 so it is 1:30 now.

9. K4LRX

Update: I received an e mail from Larkins this morning stating that a refund check had been mailed, we shall see what happens within the next day, or two. If indeed we are getting our money returned.

10. K4TVI

I was in contact with Rachel by email today. Looks like she is doing her best to repay the buyers that did not receive the amplifiers that we payed for in full. I support giving her a chance to repay us. I do not want to feed the sharks (attorneys). I can find another amp deal. I have a Henry 3kA. They will never build a better HF amplifier. I just need an auto tune amp tube or no tube. LOL