SPE Expert Amps

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by K4LRX, Nov 27, 2015.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
  1. K4LRX

K4LRX QRZ Member QRZ Page

Has any one received their orders from this outlet?

3311 Hilton Head Ct.
    Missouri City, Texas.

This office is closed down and all orders were cancelled, now that is a problem, This outfit was run by Rachel Larkins and her sister. Now so far I have contacted the plant in Italy after waiting six months for the product to be delivered. Guido claims they had received my order, but Larkins cancelled it and he did not know what was going on at that outlet?

It was suggested I contact the second USA outlet, the reply from them was the run around that it was not our company so we are under no obligation. Now the question remains who has the money? It was suggested I contact ARRL, well I see no reason to do that since all you will receive is more denial and run around.

I am just curious if any one else ordered their amp via Rachel Larkins? If so, did you receive your order? My check has not been returned, so someone has the money. The question is who has it?

I will have no other alternative other then to contact the state Attorney General of Texas and file a complaint of fraud with Rachel Larkins.

I e mailed Guido in Italy with a second e mail about where, or who has my money? Plus if the order is verified please ship it ASAP. thing is my friends I bet some of you ordered the product through Rachel Larkins.

Expert has a good product and I wanted one of their amps, however Rachel Larkins has turned me off totally, too long a wait, then apparently shut down the outlet and sorry about that! Does anyone have some follow up information, anyone surface to take care of the orders?

I was not notified if and when I would receive the product, thing is I was not done the common courtesy of letting those that ordered what the status was after they closed. I began to smell a rat, several E mails to Larkins have gone unanswered, digging a little deeper revealed the facts.

So, do we have a reliable outlet in the U.S. or are we just getting ripped off?

BTW calling the office of Rachel Larkins connects you to an answer machine, it states this office is closed and no further orders are being taken. No further explanation.

2. WB5THT

WB5THT Ham Member QRZ Page

Hopefully you paid with a credit card....

John
    WB5THT

3. N8MSA

N8MSA Ham Member QRZ Page

Bill -

I bought my Experts from Expert Amps USA before Frosty passed away, and while Bob Hardie was still involved. It seems that Bob now has a separate distributorship:

http://www.expertlinears.com/

I can't speak to whatever the status of Expert Amps USA, bot Bob Hardie is a person of the highest quality and I wouldn't hesitate to do business with him again. I doubt that either Bob of the factory is going to be able to help you recover your payment, as you're probably going to have to pursue EA-USA through whatever legal options you have available.

Best of luck sir...

4. N9LCD

N9LCD Ham Member QRZ Page

John:

If you paid by credit card, contact your card issuer.

It may take a "little" (hi, hi) talking & explaining, but you may get your transaction reversed.

Good Luck & Good Huntin'

N9LCD

5. K2HAT

K2HAT QRZ Volunteer Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

6. N4RA

N4RA Ham Member QRZ Page

I also placed an order with Rachel in Dayton. I talked with her on the phone in September (after missing the August delivery). She said delivery would be November. I've sent e-mails and left phone messages. Nothing. I think Frosty is rolling over in his grave.

7. K5YY

K5YY Ham Member QRZ Page

Bob Hardy, W5UQ, was the head tech and part owner of Frosty's company then went out on his own 18 months ago. Bob is the best repair person in the USA for the Expert amps. I would not hesitate to buy from him, so honest and knowledgeable of the product's history for sure .. San K5YY

8. K4TVI

K4TVI Ham Member QRZ Page

K4TVI Tom , I placed an order for a 2kA Amp with Rachel Larkins Expert AmpsUSA at the Dayton hamfest May 15 2015. Rachel said the amp would be picked up in Rome the end of October as soon as I payed the balance. Rachel stopped communication with me after I Payed the balance on 10/28/15. I sent Rachel emails on 11/07/15, mail + Phone message on 11/17/15, 11/18/15 and 11/23/15 requesting a delivery date, no luck. Fraud case filed on 11/23/15. SPE Rome said they had (4) 2KA amps ready for shipping and was waiting for payment when Rachel canceled all pending orders. I think this proves we need to do business with established US equipment manufacturers.

9. K4TVI

K4TVI Ham Member QRZ Page

K4TVI Tom , I placed an order for a 2kA Amp with Rachel Larkins Expert AmpsUSA at the Dayton hamfest May 15 2015. Rachel said the amp would be picked up in Rome the end of October as soon as I payed the balance. Rachel stopped communication with me after I Payed the balance on 10/28/15. I sent Rachel emails on 11/07/15, Email and Phone message on 11/17/15, 11/18/15 and 11/23/15 requesting a delivery date, no luck. Fraud case filed with Credit Card on 11/23/15. SPE Rome said they had (4) 2KA amps ready for shipping and was waiting for payment when Rachel canceled all pending orders. THE QUESTION IS WHERE IS RACHEL A. (FROST) LARKINS AND HER SISTER ELEZABETH J. WHITE AND MY MONEY? I think this proves we need to do business with established US equipment manufacturers DIRECT.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2015
  10. K4LRX

K4LRX QRZ Member QRZ Page

I filed a complaint against them with the Texas attorney General Ken Paxton. I did find Elizabeth White. and her address, I sent a certified letter giving her a choice of either refunding money, or order the product. If neither happens, then legal action will result.

Her address is