SP7IDX

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by W5MCU, Sep 5, 2018.

Tags:
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: l-assoc
  1. W5MCU

W5MCU Ham Member QRZ Page

For all of those praising the SP7IDX antenna and Waldi, let me tell you my story. It's a cautionary tale:

On December 21, 2017 after reading all the good news and reviews of this HexBeam antenna I bit the bullet and ordered using PayPal. Months go by. After about 5 months I contact Waldi and he says, "everything okay". Weeks later, it's "stuck in customs". No shipping information ever provided.

Now it's September 2018 - 8 months later - and still no antenna just a multitude of excuses. And the topper is that any refund through PayPal has to be filed WITHIN 180 DAYS. So I'm out the money, Waldi is a pro at prolonging the delays until he's sure the money is his from PayPal.

When I've attempt to 'review' this antenna, it is never published. Shouldn't a dishonest manufacturer be held accountable? Oh, he's got a great looking website and Facebook page, but it's being funded by rubes like me that just wanted a great antenna. Now I just have a $750 hole in my wallet. Thank you Waldi.

2. KA2FIR

KA2FIR Ham Member QRZ Page

Where do you "attempt to review", eham?

3. W5MCU

In the antenna review section. I did finally receive the antenna from SP7IDX so I can properly review now.

KA2FIR likes this.
  4. K9WWW

K9WWW Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm in the same boat. Ordered and paid via PayPal back in February. No antenna. Lots of excuses. Two weeks ago he said it cleared customs and is on its way to me. I sure would like to believe that but it's pretty tough to keep the faith. Maybe I will get lucky like you and the antenna will finally arrive.

5. NY8T

NY8T Ham Member QRZ Page

maybe order it COD next time?

KA2FIR likes this.
  6. K9WWW

See Mark's post above. Waldi will not ship till the money is in his PayPal account.

7. W5MCU

I did get the antenna. However, it was NOT the antenna I ordered. Waldi sent a new antenna. In fact, I received it in 3 days! From Poland through Germany and to my house in 3 days! It never went through Customs that I could see. No paperwork or stamps from Customs. I suspect, as Waldi said, that the previous shipper he was using - either was losing or never sending the antennas. That being said, he has changed shippers. At least that's his current statement. He has emailed me everyday to make sure everything was in the package, etc.

I'm hoping K9WWW is in the same situation as I was. I have started putting together the antenna and I'm very impressed with the build quality! Waldi builds an exceptional product. Since he's a one-man-band I suspect he has a difficult time keeping up with the shipping details. He should make good on the antenna. You're past the 180 day PayPal refund period, however if you paid the PayPal funds with a credit card you may have so recourse with the credit card company.

I would hope Waldi would institute some sort of waiting list so customers could see where they are on the wait-list. It would save countless and needless bad will.

Good luck. I think Waldi will make good especially if the antenna was lost by the previous shipping company. I've got my fingers crossed for you.

Mark Underkofler W5MCU

8. K9WWW

Hope you are right Mark. I reached out to Waldi at the end of last week and have not heard back. Believe he does make a great product but I would not personally know.

Look forward to hearing how your antenna experience is.

K9WWW
    Rich

9. W2WDX

W2WDX Subscriber QRZ Page

I think this more problem with shippers in Poland, notorious for theft, than a problem with the manufacturer. When I sell something Poland and a few other nations are countries where I will not ship to.

10. KP4SX

KP4SX Subscriber QRZ Page

Screech...fingernails on a blackboard. :eek: Why didn't you just send him an email?