ad: Prosistel-1

south Colorado Springs most active 2M repeaters?

Discussion in 'On the Road' started by KE0DWG, Jul 15, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-assoc
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. KE0DWG

KE0DWG Ham Member QRZ Page

Anyone know which repeaters are the most active in south Colorado Springs? I'll be staying at the Cheyenne Mountain State Park campground for a few nights and would like to add a few repeaters into my Beaufeng. Yes, I'm aware of Repeaterbook but if Colorado Springs is anything like Kansas City, I can see most of those repeaters listed are very quiet.

2. K5BBC

K5BBC Ham Member QRZ Page

145.130 Split PL. 88.5 up, 123 down, is on the statewide linked Colorado Connection system. 145.16 PL 107.2 up and down is linked to about 4 other repeaters along the front range. Those are both on Cheyenne Mountain so would cover you easily.

KE0DWG likes this.
  3. KE0DWG

KE0DWG Ham Member QRZ Page

Do you know why there is a down PL tone? I don't think I have ever seen an RX tone on a repeater.

4. K5BBC

K5BBC Ham Member QRZ Page

It's there if you want to use it for quite squelch tails or intermod blocking. Lots of people don't bother with downlink/receive PL.

5. KV6O

KV6O Ham Member QRZ Page

Other than the Colorado Connection (which links you state wide), there isn't too much repeater activity these days. You might try 146.970 (minus, with a 100Hz PL), they have weather nets on this machine if the weather gets ugly. Also try 146.460 simplex (and 146.520) - probably one of the more used frequencies in the area.

I have been here 12 years now, and repeater traffic other than a scheduled net seems rare. I have been told that many years ago ragchewing was discouraged on the machines, so folks moved to simplex, and it seems to have stuck.