ad: M2Ant-1

Sorry, No NEAR-Fests this Year.....

Discussion in 'Hamfest Reports & Videos' started by W1RC, Jul 7, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. W1RC

W1RC Subscriber QRZ Page

We regret that there will be no NEAR-Fests in 2020. It is simply not safe to hold a big gathering like this under the present health emergency. May was cancelled by executive order of the governor and October by me when the Deerfield Fair cancelled because it just didn’t seem right for us to have our hamfest if they weren’t going to have their Fair. I know the townsfolk are relieved that we aren’t coming this time because they know we come from all over the Northeast and quite frankly many were worried some of us we might bring this virus with them to their little town. This was one of the main concerns that decided the fate of the 2020 Fair. I know this may not be a popular decision but everybody’s health and safety are paramount especially considering that most of us are in the high risk category by virtue of our age.

I understand that the Northeast HamXposition and New England ARRL Division Convention is still scheduled for November 6, 7 and 8 at the Best Western Royal Plaza Hotel in Marlborough MA, their first time at this location. www.hamxposition.org. We will be there and you can buy an advance ticket from Mistress Pattie and check out her boots for next season.

We will be back on April 30th and May 1st 2021 with NEAR-Fest XXIX at Deerfield NH of course. It’s gonna be a big one so don’t miss it.

Mister Mike, W1RC,
    “Benevolent Dictator”
    of NEAR-Fest since 2007.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2020
    K1XH and N1VAU like this.
  2. N1VAU

N1VAU XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I can't wait to attend NEARFEST in the spring!

3. K1XH

K1XH Ham Member QRZ Page

This is encouraging news !

4. KS1C

KS1C Ham Member QRZ Page

How are we looking for Fall 2021?

5. WN1MB

WN1MB Ham Member QRZ Page

K1LKP likes this.
  6. K1LKP

K1LKP Ham Member QRZ Page

7. W1RC

W1RC Subscriber QRZ Page

We are planning to open at 9:00AM on Friday October 15th. However this is subject to change. Please keep an eye on our web site for the latest news. www.near-fest.com