ad: AbAuRe-1

Sorely Disappointed Today!

Discussion in 'Antennas, Feedlines, Towers & Rotors' started by KX5ALC, May 30, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-Geochron
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KX5ALC

KX5ALC Ham Member QRZ Page

Been anxiously awaiting the arrival of my 30 Ft Telescoping Flag Pole I was planning on using as my antenna mast. It arrived today. Unboxed it and extended the pole to it's full length and it just didn't seem right! Then I realized it was nowhere near 30 Ft long. In fact and tape measure showed it was only 16 Ft long. Plus which, I asked the supplier the diameter of the lower pipe and they said "close to 3". When in fact it measured 2 1/4". Going to take it to UPS tomorrow for returning. So I've had a setback. Not sure if I want to try it again or go another route! Time to regroup and rethink this mast situation.

KO4ESA and KI4ZUQ like this.
  2. KI4ZUQ

KI4ZUQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Don't like hearing stuff like this...14 feet short is big "uh-oh."

KO4ESA and KX5ALC like this.
  3. W7UUU

W7UUU Principal Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

SURELY they just sent the wrong one, no? Sorry to hear either way

Dave
    W7UUU

KO4ESA, KX5ALC, KK4NSF and 1 other person like this.
  4. K0UO

K0UO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Sorry about it/ but don't give up. There are 25 to 35' flag type Poles out there.

I've heard this story before, read the reviews and make sure it's a right model before you order it. Many manufacturers make 3 or 4 different models and sometimes this miss represented by the suppliers/ I've seen that on Amazon.
    Keep looking

5. KX5ALC

Yup................but the little wife said today she wasn't really surprised because most everything I order any more has to be returned. She's really right. Folks just don't seem to care any more. Now I'm not quite sure what I want to do about a mast. Don't know if I care to trust this supplier again. It was the least expensive option I'd found for a mast and now I don't know where to turn. 30' Aluminum flagpole for $100. Easy to put into place on my tilting base setup. If I go to steel, which would be less expensive................I'll have to buy a winch because it'll be too heavy for this old man to "walk" it up into place. So I'd end up spending as much if not more for the finished mast. Dangit. Well made plans..............but they just didn't work out.

KO4ESA likes this.
  6. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Who was the vendor/seller? It matters to those of us who wish to avoid buying from them.:)

7. KX5ALC

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B08BZKNX8G?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details

Guess it goes back to the old adage "Ya git what ya pay fer!" One of the things that really ticks me off is I'd already started welding up the base of the tilting tower based on the 3" diameter claim for the lower pipe. Now I'll have to cut it all apart and just wait to restart the build until I actually have a mast in-hand.

I'd settle for a Rohn 30, but the shipping is almost as much as the mast! Kind of torn right now. Going to just use my 20' temporary wooden mast for now. Not happy, but it works.

KO4ESA likes this.
  8. AC0GV

AC0GV Ham Member QRZ Page

Always check the critical reviews. I have had a LOT of problems with Amazon re sellers. Much miss representation.
    https://www.amazon.com/Klvied-Teles...ll_reviews&filterByStar=critical&pageNumber=1

N9TSL, KO4ESA and KX5ALC like this.
  9. KX5ALC

Thanks..................but believe me, I've read all the reviews. I "over research and over build" most everything I get involved in. Many of the negative comments were about things I could easily correct. I not only read Amazon reviews, but any others I can find online about most any product I'm not completely familiar with.

KO4ESA likes this.
  10. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

What is up with Minnesota ?

upload_2021-5-31_9-58-45.png

KP4SX, KO4ESA and AK5B like this.