Soon to be licensed - Radio Question

Discussion in 'Becoming an Amateur Radio Operator/Upgrading Privi' started by NG7E, Sep 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
  1. KB2FCV

KB2FCV Ham Member QRZ Page

Ohh ok, sorry, I misread your post. I thought you aquired one (saw that you were still waiting on the power supply to come in - I figured you mail ordered it). It sounds like you have something good there to get you started until you pick out a radio for yourself. The FT-950 is also a very good radio. I've played aroun with one a little it didn't take long to learn some of it's functionality. My friend is very satisfied with his FT-950.

I've been a ham just over 20 years I was an all-HF person until about 2 or 3 years ago. Until then, I gave VHF very little thought except for having a mobile 2m rig in the car or an HT to talk to a few other local friends. I discovered how much fun VHF / UHF can be at field day one year when all the HF stations were full and I played around on 6 meters. I've been hooked ever since, purchasing a radio with HF+6+2, participating in contests, using satellites, and soon to add to the list - EME.

Do take time to try out different things in the hobby! There are so many 'niches' to get into which is what makes it so great.

2. NG7E

NG7E Ham Member QRZ Page

It is with great regret that i inform you all that soon2blicenced is no more....

KJ6CEE is here!!!!

3. AB8MA

AB8MA Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

KJ6CEE cool! Careful with those E's on CW :)

4. KL7JEF

KL7JEF Ham Member QRZ Page

Well I guess I wasn't the first to congratulate...:D

Congrats!!!

Jeff

The New "KB1SYV"

5. NG7E

NG7E Ham Member QRZ Page

thanks guys.

BTW... does anyone know if one can change their login or userid here?

6. NG7E

NG7E Ham Member QRZ Page

Jeff... awesome... trying it now.

7. KA9MOT

KA9MOT Ham Member QRZ Page

CEE and SYV,

CONGRATULATIONS!

8. NG7E

NG7E Ham Member QRZ Page

thanks... now to wait for the db update and call sign change.

9. KF7EFX

KF7EFX Ham Member QRZ Page

In case anyone else is reading this thread...and waiting!
    x2---mine showed up 5 days after my exams, and a day before QRZ.

Congratulations KJ6CEE and KB1SYV!!! :cool:

10. NG7E

NG7E Ham Member QRZ Page

Chuck... yeah.. i've been going back and forth with the HT. One day i'll say yes, then the next no.... But, i think if i can get this bearcat scanner sold, and a Galaxy CB radio sold, i'll be getting the VX-6R.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.