Unverified Seller Sony ICF SW 2010

Discussion in 'General Merchandise' started by K7HN, Jun 13, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. K7HN

K7HN Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

When anyone is in the DX hobby there’s only a handful of radios that come to mind at the very top. The ones you yearn for and hold onto. For shortwave, LW and ham DXing, this one is usually at the top. The Sony ICF SW 2010.

But if you know these radios, you know you want a LATE serial number… it was most likely built between 1998-2000 right before the end of their production in 2002. This one has it.

Like with any classic radio you want as much “originality“ as you can find with it. This one has that as well.

And finally, you want to be sure you’re getting one that works like it should. We’ve all heard horror stories of the “Error 3” message these radios exhibit when the “computer batteries” (the AA’s way in the back”) either don’t connect correctly or have a short in the system to the computer.

This radio has been professionally gone through by the renowned Vlado Karamakov of HamRadio.repair within the last 60 days and he’s been through it from stem to stern fixing everything from cold solder joints to upgrading the backend to make sure that that “Error 3” message won’t appear on this radio.

The main cosmetic blemish is a couple of minor scratches in the grille (shown in photo)Maybe a tiny bit of cosmetic wear and tear here in there as well that would be very common for this radio. But here’s what it DOESN'T HAVE: No work off volume slider meter, the power switch on both sides show no wear whatsoever and the antenna is straight as can be. This is really a beautiful radio for its age and it’s most likely only going to continue to go up in value... the great ones always do.

This radio comes with both boxes, the shipping crate with matching serial number to the radio and the original outer box. It comes with most all factory documentation and everything except the wall wart. The shoulder strap is still protected in the factory plastic, never opened. It even comes with the original antenna that came with this radio.

This is one rare find and has all three boxes checked that collectors search for.

1. Late serial number,
    2. Both ORIGINAL boxes including outer crate with matching serial number to radio
    3. Professionally gone through by a professional that KNOWS these radios and how to make them sound and work like new.

This is the king of my collection. The one I didn’t want to sell to buy my ham radio gear, but I would like to see if there are any serious buyers out there who appreciate quality in one of the legendary radios of the DX hobby. I’ll be honest, I sold off just about all of my DX radios I had collected but I saved this one and a few more that were especially dear to my heart. This one is the best of them. To buy it won’t be cheap. Who would sell their best at a “flipping cost?” But when is quality and a legendary radio “cheap” anyway? My email is here on QRZ. I want $600 including EXPRESS 3 DAY SHIPPING with insurance to your door (CONUS only) for this rare beauty. Outside CONUS shipping will be added to price.

Here’s your chance... they don’t come around as often as they used to anymore. Contact me via email on my QRZ page please.

Blessings,

Larry

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 13, 2019