Someone posing as Karl Doody VE6KDX warning!

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by K7HN, Nov 28, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. K7HN

K7HN Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Sorry to have to report this, but someone is posing as Karl Doody (KE6VDX)
    Whoever it is writes in very poor grammar that they have many different rigs for sale. Be wary and be aware!

Happy Turkey Day!

Larry
    K7HN

2. NZ4X

NZ4X XML Subscriber QRZ Page

@VE6KDX has also noted this scam on his QRZ profile page. Thanks for reporting this Larry! Seems that the scammers are pretty busy on this Thanksgiving Day.

KA2FIR, K7HN, AJ4GQ and 1 other person like this.
  3. KA2FIR

KA2FIR Ham Member QRZ Page

VE6KDX QRZ BIO:

(Sept 22nd 2019) Due to recent scam emails originating from my profile on QRZ.com please delete and ignor all emails relating to the swapmeet section and anything forsale and wanted as they are not coming from me.
    Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or concerns.

4. WR2E

WR2E Ham Member QRZ Page

Larry, it would be helpful to others if you publish the email address that was used.

KA2FIR likes this.
  5. KL7AJ

KL7AJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Must have been his brother Howdy.

W1TRY, N3AB, WR2E and 1 other person like this.
  6. K7HN

The original email is now not working however, he contacted me a second time using this email:
    gearmthmo@gmail.com

WR2E likes this.
  7. K7HN

I had put an ad up for a few rigs I was looking at possibly purchasing… The same guy who was posing as VE6KDX answered all four ads saying he had all of those rigs. That was the first giveaway obviously. Then when I checked VE6KDX’s QRZ Page and saw no email address listed that was the second dead giveaway so as I think a moderator said once before that’s something to look out for on QRZ… To see if there’s an email listed. In this case there wasn’t. It seems that the scammers that are doing this target QRZ members who don’t have email addresses listed. If I recall correctly, the original email he used had “VE6KDX@Gmail.com”

hope that helps.

KJ4VTH likes this.
  8. AJ4GQ

AJ4GQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Larry, Please report this email to abuse@gmail.com by forwarding a copy of the email along with a short explanation that he tried to scam you.
    Hart

KJ4VTH likes this.
  9. VE6KDX

VE6KDX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Hi Larry and All on QRZ.

It seems this scam is still making the rounds and i can assure you has nothing to do with myself. The email address was removed from my QRZ page by myself and if anyone needs to get in touch they can do so through the QRZ message center or my callsign (at) the opposite to coldmail dot com. ;)

Regards
    Karl.
    VE6KDX

K7HN likes this.
  10. K7HN