Someone is making fake offerts instead of me. Caution for SQ6PNP offers

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by SQ6PNP, Feb 5, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
  1. SQ6PNP

SQ6PNP Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi.
    Thanks to KG7QBB Timothy I know that someone is trying to steal us.
    Someone is making fake offerts to sell ham radio gear with my callsign, but it is not me.

I am Rafal SQ6PNP, I live in Wroclaw, Poland JO81KD
    Thief use Rafal Adelajda (it is not my surname) with fake email address.

He tried to sell Kenwood TS930S with the serial # 4 110089, but he can offer You everything.

My real email address is just sq6pnp@gmail.com, thief is using address: rafalsq6pnp@gmail.com whitch is not mine.

Please be carefull.

Best 73,
    Rafal SQ6PNP, Wroclaw, PL
    sq6pnp@gmail.com

KJ4POM likes this.
  2. KD8DEY

KD8DEY Ham Member QRZ Page

Adding a disclaimer to your QRZ Bio Page, along with making sure you have an up to date E-Mail address remains one of the best practices....

3. SQ6PNP

SQ6PNP Ham Member QRZ Page

done.

WR2E likes this.
  4. KG7QBB

KG7QBB Ham Member QRZ Page

I added that to my bio as well, I don't have much gear and I'm not offering any of it for sale. (Not that I've anything worth much anyway)
    I had made an off hand remark that I was looking for a kenwood ts930s, and lo and behold, this person offered it up with photos and everything! It looked legitimate, but too cheap and convenient, so I double checked using the qrz database to check call sign and address...contact made with the legitimate holder of the callsign, and confirmation that someone was trying to scam me using a lifted call sign.

"I may have been born yesterday, but I've been up all night"

Thank goodness qrz allows us a way to check on each other and make sure we are who we say we are. Without the database, I might have been just another novice tech with a baofeng getting ripped off by some lowlife guttersnipe.

Respectful 73,
    KG7QBB
    Timothy