Someone claiming to be W9AFB Scott Grams

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by KF8MY, Feb 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
  1. KF8MY

KF8MY Ham Member QRZ Page

Had a scammer reply to a want add I posted claiming to be W9AFB Scott Grams.
    I contacted Scott through his email here on QRZ which he confirmed it was a scammer. The scammers email is grams101@rediffmail.com. Beware of this email address with that call.

2. KD5WGK

KD5WGK Ham Member QRZ Page

I got an email from the same guy, The IP traces back to India.. I was about to post a warning then I saw this one.. Thanks

3. KJ6EUW

KJ6EUW Ham Member QRZ Page

Same here.

4. W0BTU

W0BTU Ham Member QRZ Page

You posted your e-mail address in that want ad, didn't you? In a perfect world, that would be the thing to do, but that was scammer bait.

May I suggest (to everyone) saying something like "If interested, please reply via this thread, e-mail, or PM" when posting ANY thread. That way, only registered hams can reply to you. That will put a layer of protection between you and the scammers.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2011
  5. K0WVM

K0WVM Ham Member QRZ Page

Scott doesn't live that far from me here in Bellevue. This hits close to home...

6. W9AFB

W9AFB Ham Member QRZ Page

I appreciate everyone giving me a heads up on this issue. About an hour after I posted a Want Ad on qrz for some equipment, I started getting folks emailing me about their want ads on qrz. Apparently there are a lot of people with my name living in Africa. :D So far it just looks like they're copying my qrz listed info and putting it in a generic email. textbook scammer

7. W3TKO

W3TKO Ham Member QRZ Page

Fake W9AFB is still on the job...got a mail from this phantom today.

Beware!

Joe N5KAT

8. VE7FMN

VE7FMN Ham Member QRZ Page

Scott Gram's Indian alter ego

Hi Guys/gals. Thanks for posting this stuff. Scott Gram's Indian Alter ego answered a wanted ad that I posted here. I discovered the fakery thanks to your diligence. Cheers, Fred.

9. WA6RKK

WA6RKK Ham Member QRZ Page

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.