ad: MyersEng-1

Some pictures were lost on the QRZ server - An Apology

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by AA7BQ, Mar 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. SA1CKE

SA1CKE Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

No big deal for me, mistakes do happen and no need to be upset about that.

2. N2OBS

N2OBS Ham Member QRZ Page

Fred,

How does one delete photos from their account? Have sold or removed postings but the photos i attached are still on the QRZ's servers.

73 de N2OBS

3. K5KDT

K5KDT Ham Member QRZ Page

To any who have lost photos, check if 'the wayback machine' has copies - just saying

4. N0PWB

N0PWB Guest

Thank you for a clue what happened. I re-uploaded my 'banned fish' image & it popped back online. Poo happens & then ya step in it. Keep whacking on it. 73's. N0PWB

5. KD2EOM

KD2EOM Ham Member QRZ Page

Go into "Edit N2OBS". Select "Add or edit your pictures and QSL images". Click an image. Then there is a delete button.

KD2EOM

Last edited: Mar 16, 2014
  6. N6ZIP

N6ZIP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I am one of the lucky ones who did not loose any of my saved and posted pictures. Had my pictures been affected I have enough back-up files where I can easily retrieve and re-post them, it would have been just a minor inconvenience.

I hope those who have been affected will be able to recover and re-post their prized images without any problem.

QRZ is still one of the best resource sites in the hobby. Not a day go by without me visiting the site.

I will continue to support the organization, my subscription / membership donation is on its way.

Thank you.

Monty (N6ZIP)

7. K0STK

K0STK Ham Member QRZ Page

QR codes are useful for publishing scannable data in a wide variety of visual media. Here are just a few of the ways which QR Codes are used in non-print visual media:

QR codes are sometimes used on websites as app installation links.

Some smartphone apps use QR Codes for data sharing.

Some smartphone apps and their associated browser based software (e.g.airDroid) use QR Codes for configration / authentication.

There are a number of Firefox add-ons which can be used to generate a QR code from arbitrary data in the browser window for easy data entry (typically into a smart phone).

Prior to the recent policy change I had a QR code on my QRZ page which contained a vCard with basic contact information that visitors could scan into their smart phones.

Website URLs are only one form of QR code. Other data types include:

Calendar event (vCalendar)
    Contact information (meCard or vCard)
    E-mail address
    Geo location (lat/long)
    Phone number
    SMS message (phone number, optional text)
    Unformatted text
    WiFi network (SSID, Password, Encryption Type)

QR Codes are trivially readable from a computer screen using one of those ubiquitous smart phones with a barcode scanning app.

Searching for qr+code+reader in the Google Play store returns over 250 apps; many of which are free. I'm sure there are some in the ITunes store, too.

QR Codes may be read with out a smartphone, too. Searching Google for online+QR+decoder returned about 498,000 results, such as http://zxing.org/ and http://www.onlinebarcodereader.com/. And there are desktop QR/barcode reader applications ...

Last edited: Mar 17, 2014
  8. KC2SST

KC2SST Ham Member QRZ Page

Just restore from the backup you took right before you ran code on production, then try again. Surely there was a backup before any major changes, or if not, well time to start.

9. KI5WW

KI5WW Ham Member QRZ Page

Wow! An act of accountability and responsebility? Blast from the past. Thanks, its guna be a great day.

Anyone ever make a mistake? Happened to me several times. Great site. Im always guna be good on QRZ.

10. F8PRC

F8PRC Ham Member QRZ Page

Hello, I have lost one picture ! Nerver mind, it was the occasion to clean up and update our page. Thank you for all your work. Friendships from Normandy. Emmanuel

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.