Some moron on up on 7295 broadcasting a chant, arabic, indian language I dunno

Discussion in 'On-Air Operations - Q&A' started by K9MOG, Aug 17, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. KP4SX

KP4SX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

FCC says..."It should be noted that an international broadcasting station is intended for broadcasting to a foreign country and is not intended for broadcasting solely to the United States.The minimum transmitter output power required is 50 kilowatts (kW) and a directional antenna is required with a minimum gain of 10 decibels "

K9MOG likes this.
  2. N2UHC

N2UHC Ham Member QRZ Page

They do, but there are ways to easily get around it. Alan Weiner chose the state of Maine to beam his signal southwest, for example. And it's unlikely that the advertisers on some WWCR programs really are targeting people in other countries.

3. N2UHC

N2UHC Ham Member QRZ Page

I wonder why they didn't pull his programming the first time he was arrested for this? They resumed his broadcasts as soon as he got out and started buying airtime again.

4. W4POT

W4POT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

The Smith–Mundt Act setup a number of authorizations for communications from the US government to others outside the country as well as some prohibitions against that government produced content being disseminated inside the US. There has been a number of modifications over the years and some fairly recently (2012-2013) made it more likely that taxpayer funded "information" could find it's way into domestic media. Your local or national news source might not be citing info from VOA but they could mention something from some group that doesn't have an official sounding name, that was in fact funded by and written for the government to communicate something in a particular way.

5. W0AEW

W0AEW Ham Member QRZ Page

A full wallet can overcome almost any obstacle. He is, after all, the overcomer.

K4KYV and KG7FIU like this.
  6. K4KYV

K4KYV Subscriber QRZ Page

Last edited: Oct 20, 2018
  7. KC1DRW

KC1DRW Ham Member QRZ Page

And Al has almost got his super station up and running I’m 30 miles away and my kid was working on the antenna. As of now I have a hard time receiving him on the backside of his antenna.

Attached Files:

8. KC1DRW

KC1DRW Ham Member QRZ Page

And when this is 100% complete he will be able to broadcast to ANY part of the world

9. AA5CT

AA5CT Ham Member QRZ Page

re: "I think the FCC prohibits US-based shortwave broadcasters from serving the domestic audience. "

One can thank the NAB for that one ...

10. N0TZU

N0TZU Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

That's an interesting looking antenna. Looks like there is wire (cable) in loops around the outside, and stacked rectangular loops for two or three bands, so maybe four band coverage?

On another topic, I wonder when Brother Stair's trial will be on the charges from a year ago?

K9MOG likes this.